Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At approximately 7:30 this morning on Fox's Fox And Friends morning news show, a Pontiac Solstice was given away to a man that was a winner of a contest sponsered by Maxim magazine for the best pickup line. Featured was a red (aggressive) Solstice with black leather interior. The car looked absolutley gorgeous and the aggressive color was spectacular. I was also impressed with the black leather interior. I could not see the tacky white stitching that I had seen on some previous photos and the entire interior was a matching black as well. Show host Steve Doucey mentioned that he was going through a midlife crisis and that this car looked like the thing to get him out of it.

Oh the winning pickup line:

If you are the Matrix, then I am The One. So lame but probably better than the runnerups:

You must be a librarian because I have an overwelming desire to check you out.

I'd like to be put in charge of rearranging the alphabet so that I can put U and I closer together!

Is your father a baker because you have great buns!

Great to see the Solstice getting some more national attention. No mention however of an estimated arrival date for the Sol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Those lines are pretty darn corny....

·
5,641 Posts
So the winning line for a contest to give away a new Pontiac included the name of a Toyota.

This just gets stranger all the time! :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Small Dealer said:
So the winning line for a contest to give away a new Pontiac included the name of a Toyota.
This just gets stranger all the time! :lol:
Funny never thought of that...wonder who did the judging.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I don't get it, was that chick in the Matrix?? I don't get how his pickup line has anything to do with her or the car.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Shoot, even mine were better than that:

You make me believe in karma because your car and your ma are beautiful.

If I gave you the key to my heart would you give me the key to your car?

I promise to pay more attention to you than to the Solstice.

My heart is your roadmap.

You and the Solstice are perfectly proportioned.

Pick me up and I’ll be branded for life.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Damn! That sucks ... I thought it was supposed to be something original. The runners up are all really old pickup lines. Wasn't very impressed with the winner either ... I wasn't much of a Matrix fan though.

The line I entered was "It must be the solstice, because it's been the longest day of my life waiting for you."

Kind of cheesy, but at least it had something to do with the car and the day (longest day of the year). Oh well. :leaving:

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
If I were a chick, I would have bit on that. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SlySol said:
Damn! That sucks ... I thought it was supposed to be something original.
:agree:

I can't remember mine, I did try to work in the car into it somehow...figured that's the point.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
:lol: I figured I throw a curve ball...

·
Registered
316 Posts
solli4me said:
Shoot, even mine were better than that:

You make me believe in karma because your ma and your car are beautiful.

If I gave you the key to my heart would you give me the key to your car?

I promise to pay more attention to you than to the Solstice.

My heart is your roadmap.

You and the Solstice are perfectly proportioned.

Pick me up and I’ll be branded for life.

The "pay more attention" shouldve won IMHO. That is hilarious! :lol:
Id even try to keep that promise, if she stayed with me in the car. I would definitely pay attention to her once I parked the car.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Maybe all these people don't exist
:glol: "Perpetual doubt": it's my quasi permanent state of mind.

I had another line, but Dino found it offensive and I couldn't get it past his block:
"You make my heart break the speed limit."

·
Registered
72 Posts
solli4me said:
:glol: "Perpetual doubt": it's my quasi permanent state of mind.

I had another line, but Dino found it offensive and I couldn't get it past his block:
"You make my heart break the speed limit."
I would have guessed you'd try..."Your name must be Sally? ... I've always know it would be solli4me!" :glol:

·
497 Posts
SolGeezer said:
I was also impressed with the black leather interior. I could not see the tacky white stitching that I had seen on some previous photos and the entire interior was a matching black as well.
This is encouraging. The light color stitching in the most recent photos from the LI show this past weekend was kind of a turn off for me.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
I would have guessed you'd try..."Your name must be Sally? ... I've always know it would be solli4me!" -2Xphoenix
Now, why didn't I think of that? That's pretty good. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts