Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out from my Dealer my order went from "3400" to "4200" in the last 7 days. In case you don't know, that means I have a Vin# and the car is in Transport! :yesnod: The last for digits of the VIN is 2973. I'm looking forward to seeing #2973 real soon! :party: I've been waiting to click on the party guys for a long time, so here they are again! :party:

On a more serious and disturbing note. I was told by my dealer that they are only going to receive 5 vehicles this year. Was also told by a different reliable source that GM was going to cut into the Solstice production in January to share production time with the Saturn Sky. Even further bad news, was also told by this reliable source the Solstice will only be in a very limited production for two years only. After that, Pontiac will reconsider production on the Solstice (cost & time factors). Oh yeah, if you are not on your dealers 1st allocation, you won't be seeing the Solstice until late summer or fall of 2006.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Our's both went 3400 on the same day so hopefully mine is built too, CC reply to my email! :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
When they say it's on it's way it usually isn't. Mine got shipped 10/7 and went to 4200 9/16. And if going by train add on another 4-5 weeks after the three. This has been the normal for this car. But Good luck maybe things will change.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cars are coming.........Trust Me!

All the cars on hold are from the "Quality Control" issue (fit, etc.). Now that the recent issues have been resolved, you'll see a good amount of cars leaving the plant real soon. So yes, you can now exhale. It will be ok Forumites....... :lol:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Awesome news! Expect about another 4 weeks, though. Mine shipped on 9/16, and just left Lordstown on Monday. From there it is 10-14 days by rail to CA...

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ntouched said:
All the cars on hold are from the "Quality Control" issue (fit, etc.). Now that the recent issues have been resolved, you'll see a good amount of cars leaving the plant real soon. So yes, you can now exhale. It will be ok Forumites....... :lol:
They go on and off hold so fast for the smallest reasons.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

Dr. Bucko said:
My dealer called today with the same news. My car has been built and is on the way. Number 2849 off the production line. Two more weeks to wait and then it will be all worth it!!
Same story as the rest. Built 09/05, finally delivered yesterday, five weeks later. It sat in the train yard within 20 miles of my house for a week.

I'm not telling you this as a downer, just to give you a reasonable expectation for delivery. Believe me it is worth the wait. The car is awesome.

I was a little concerned that my son would like it because he is a Trans Am fan (power is everything) and this is no rocket but he thinks it is great. Well worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Apparently they have to sit in local depots till they have enough cars to fill a transport truck before they deliver them. I believe I'm in the same boat now too. My car is somewhere here in FL waiting to be delivered to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts