Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Solstice on Mid September Motorweek

Found this on the Georgia Public Brodcasting website

Motorweek
Pontiac Solstice
Episode: 2502

Road Test: 2006 Pontiac Solstice sports car. Road Test: The all-new 2006 BMW 3-Series. Goss' Garage: How to Talk to Your Technician. Over The Edge: Speed-Utility Vehicle. Long-Term Road Test Update: Mitsubishi Eclipse & Ford Five Hundred.

http://www.pbs.org/motorweek/

Motorweek website does show episode 2502 yet.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surfing dude

stang said:
Gee, it comes on at 1:00AM on Thursdays. No wonder I've never seen that show. 49N, don't you live in Canada? How did you find the GPBS schedule? Just curious.
Just poking around on the Internet.

Motorweek is also carried on the Speed Channel Tuesdays at 10 AM and Wednesdays at 3 PM Eastern.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Just watched their review of the nex MX5 today. Of course they loved it, no mention of the Solstice. A lot of talk about how they squeezed weight everywhere they could. No performance figures. Basically just said they didn't screw it up.

And happy birthday dori-san.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Motor Week

This is my first message so here goes ... Motor Week on PBS was supposed to air a preview test the weekend of 7/29 but it was cancelled. They probably couldn't get their car either. :) They do have a segment scheduled now for the weekend of 9/17. Check your local listing for day and time.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Motor Week Info......

JO ANN O said:
This is my first message so here goes ... Motor Week on PBS was supposed to air a preview test the weekend of 7/29 but it was cancelled. They probably couldn't get their car either. :) They do have a segment scheduled now for the weekend of 9/17. Check your local listing for day and time.
JO ANN O, welcome to the forum. Thanks for the valuable information! Have you ordered a Solstice? :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
PBS, & NJN (Channels 13 & 21 in the NYC area) only show Motorweek listings to 9/14. No Solstice spotting in any of them. Maybach, yes.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
JO ANN O said:
Welcome to the forums. :thumbs:

I believe the delay was due to GM having an embargo on those types of media until Sept 1st. They were at the long lead press event supposedly with the other media doing test drives and such I believe.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SlipSlider said:
Would it be too much to ask that when this airs that someone capture it and provide a download??
I have three VCRs in the house, I'll try to tape it for you. Once I track down the actual time it is on the Speed Channel.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
O.K., PBS in Dallas is broadcasting the solstice episode 9/17 at 3:30.

I have my Tivo locked in, and I will also have my computer record it with my tv capture card. The computer can record it in standard mpeg2 which can be uploaded to putfile. I'll also convert it to divx and find hosting or use bittorrent so everyone can download it to their computers.

The computer is not as reliable as the tivo, but I can convert the tivo file also if something goes wrong, it will just take longer.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Looks like WNJN in NJ airs Motorweek at 3:30am on Fridays. Based on the episode schedule, it will probably air on Friday Sept 16th. I'll have to remember to set my VCR.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.