Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Damn! I was gonna post about this but I hadn't finished reading all the new posts in the General Section yet. I figured with all these old fogies :D around here nobody would have ever known. I forgot I'm not the ONLY young person on this site. :cool:

Anyhow, yeah it pops up in the back of some peoples entrances and about 2/3 through the show they actually use it for an introduction bit. Jimmy Fallon is driving and I forgot who the girl was in the passenger seat. I'm planning on recording it on Tivo and putting it up for all to download, unless someone beats me to it.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Of course they'll be RE-airing it, they always do that. MTV is gonna whore the awards show out and over play it like crazy. I guarantee you it'll be on just about every night around this time for the next few weeks.

It just ended, AGAIN. The Sol was also shown during the credits real quick with 2 bikini clad women standing in it dancing.

·
Registered
511 Posts
dori-san said:
Damn! I was gonna post about this but I hadn't finished reading all the new posts in the General Section yet. I figured with all these old fogies :D around here nobody would have ever known. I forgot I'm not the ONLY young person on this site. :cool:

Anyhow, yeah it pops up in the back of some peoples entrances and about 2/3 through the show they actually use it for an introduction bit. Jimmy Fallon is driving and I forgot who the girl was in the passenger seat. I'm planning on recording it on Tivo and putting it up for all to download, unless someone beats me to it.
Ha ha old fogies,
Well youngster Life begins at 40 ,In my youth I was to stuped to no lifes one secret. Im going to tell you .
Live for the Day ,But plan for your future, The future is now .
PARTY ON DUDE.
Lifes a Bitch and then we Die

·
Registered
21 Posts
I forgot to post up on this when I saw it. I saw it when it aired originally, and it was heavily laden with solstice references. I only caught bits and pieces of the show but saw 2 different comercials for the Solstice (along with quite a few other pontiac ones).. And they had cut scenes where they'd show dancers standing in one every few minutes... and then they had the host Jim Fallon introducing an act from the friggin drivers seat of a Solstice... Why do they need to do all this advertizing? They are going to get their own free advertizing as soon as they sell to all the hungering wait-listers that will drive them around like mobile billboards. By the way, commercial featured a mysterious one and it looked real nice.. glad it's the one I ordered.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Does anybody know if any of these commercials are downloadable? I've only ever seen the one that starts with the Kasabian song and ends up showing the G6s and G6c in the end of it. Are there other commercials that I'm missing? I still haven't really watch the whole awards show, so maybe I'll see it in between there...

·
Registered
21 Posts
mceb said:
They all should be here: (see left menu under Pontiac)
http://www.coreaudiovisual.com/spots.html

Yep... That's both of the ones I saw. I like their style of making commercials... A little shaky and quick, but creative.

As for posting up portions of the show.. It's probably not even worth it.. just tune in one of 10 times a day they play that show. I watched a total of maybe 10 minutes total split up into 10 different times I came into the room and saw a solstice about 8 of those times.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
zzzzzz

dori-san said:
I figured with all these old fogies :D around here nobody would have ever known. I forgot I'm not the ONLY young person on this site. I'm planning on recording it on Tivo and putting it up for all to download, unless someone beats me to it.
You may be young, but you're slow. It's the 13th and still no download!! Wake up whippersnapper. :willy:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before we see this Solstice on one of those Car shows like RIDES or Unique Whips.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Hell yes,

Can you imagine what Foose would do with a Solstice? I'm drooling just thinking about it.

He's already worked with Cadillac, maybe Pontiac can get in on the action...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Drex said:
:cryin: Now all I can envision is Xzibit destroying this car if he got his hands on it.
He only touches crappy cars... or rather West Coast Customs touches them.

In any event, the Solstice will be "pimp my ride" free. Thank god.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Pontiac is committed to fresh, new music. As part of its new “Designed for Action” campaign, Pontiac advertisements have showcased bright, emerging talent in the music industry including recording groups Alias and Vacation. Pontiac will also collaborate with the Virgin Megastore in New York City for an in-store concert later in June.
So this is why they chose Rachel Perry (VH1) to be their spokes girl. Any of you young 'uns try your best pick up lines on her in order to win a free Solstice? Maxim sponsered the contest.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts