Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen the infomercial that Pontiac has on Spike TV? It was called "Secrets of the Stuntmen" or something like that and was about 1/2 hour long. Pontiac got a bunch of Hollywood stunt people together to create and film a driving stunt sequence typical of the sort of things you see in the movies all the time. A sort of behind the scenes type thing. Of course it show cased Pontiac's cars. The Vibe, G6 and GTO were featured.

At the middle of the show they went to the head director for GM design to show the future offerings from Pontiac. Front and center was the Solstice. (I'm sure it is the same showcar we've been looking at for months) Unfortunately they didn't say much about it that we didn't already know and they didn't show it driving, with the top up, hood up, trunk up or with anyone in it. The only useful thing about it (besides seeing the camera walk around it and confiming once again what bad ass looking car it is) was being able to see the silver/blue paint in sunlight. The GM guy once again promised 2005 release.

For an infomercial it was acctualy fun to watch, asspecialy the stunt drivers tearing it up in the GTO! Hope you guys can find it. As it is an infomercial, most TV guides just say "Paid Advertising". I saw it here on the west coast at about 5:30 am just by pure chance. I turned on the TV while I was getting ready for work (which I almost never do) only to see the Solstice front and center. So I rewound the show on my Tivo and watcheed the whole thing. Great way to start the day! :smile

·
Registered
4 Posts
AeroDave said:
I turned on the TV while I was getting ready for work (which I almost never do) only to see the Solstice front and center. So I rewound the show on my Tivo and watcheed the whole thing. Great way to start the day! :smile
You make me wish I had TiVo. Must get TiVO. Must get TiVo.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Go to http://www.pontiac.com/stunt and you can enter a sweepstakes to win the car of your choice from the show and you can also get a complete viewing schedule.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts