• They both stink

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, which do you like more, from the limited photos we have seen?

I have to say, I actually think the Solstice appears to have the nicer interior, at least in photos.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Overall the design is ten times better than the C6.THe solstice steering wheel looks to be the perfect size and pleasing to the eye as well.THe C6 looks much better in person.But I'm more excited about the solstice. I hope the seats have decent bolstering though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If the interior lives up to the photos of the Sosltice in the picture gallery on this site, then I'll take it over most any other I've seen.

I just hope there is enough lateral support.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Have to agree, I like the Solstice interior better. Hard to say which will have the better quality materials, but the styling of the Solstice definitely seems better, and seems to have that roadster soul. I will be mightily impressed if GM can eventually upgrade all of their interiors to this level.

My only question on the interior - will only the two-tone be available, or will there be an all black interior also? I would prefer the latter, or perhaps even better, some type of two tone using darks like black, and a dark gray.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw the solstice at the philadelphia auto show and was amazed at both the quality of the interior and the low price. I am a european car fan (I just purchased a mini cooper S) and can not understand why american companies have failed to produce a sporty (this implies some level of handling) good quality automobile. Pontiac always seemed to be the epitome of what was wrong with the u.s. auto industry: ugly styling, bland performance, and interiors that looked as if they were both designed and put together by a blind man. The solstice seems to be a 180 degree change in the direction pontiac is taking and I think it will be a huge hit for both pontiac and the u.s. car industry. Let's just hope that the car we see in the show room has the beutiful interior with the quality and $20,000 price tag that has been promised.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree Sean - hopefully this is the beginning of good things in regards to interiors at GM.

Of course, having rid in a Mini quite a few times, I would say BMW has some work to do as well. The Mini interior looks great at first glance, but is filled with hard plastics that are seriously cheap to the touch. And, I don't think I have been in a car that has had more rattles. It does give great kidney massages though ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i feel this is going to be pontiacs new generation of sunfires. sunfires were cheap and not bad to look at, but had very little power and not much could be done to them. sunfires were a joke and i think this car is going to be one as well. i like the car, but 170 horsepower only? theres another power era coming up, so something definitely has to be done about the power level. gm needs to start competing like we all know they can. other than that the car isnt bad, and the interior is a step up for gm. now if they could only step the engine up a few notches, it would make the car worth while. i dont know if im the only one, but i dont wanna see a bunch of kids driving around in solstices thinking that there car is fast. its really aggrivating, although i guess ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not much could be done to Sunfires? WTH? Ever heard of Vortech, RSM? RKSport? How much power would you like out of the 2.4? You don't know where to look my friend. Also, the Ecotec that comes in the Solstice as well as the upcoming Cobalt and Pursuit LOVES the boost! Name how much HP is enough for you and I will steer you toward a package.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The interior of the Solstice must still be high in marks for the 2014 stingray to take on some of the interior styling traits of the solstice.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I didn't realize that the interior of the C7 was styled after the solstice. My C7 looks far better and different in my opinion but I guess I can see some very minor similarities.

·
Premium Member
10,405 Posts
The incorporation of the grab handle by the console is one on the 2014 Stingray C7.
The leather is a lot improve on the new 2014 Stingray and a lot better than ours.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Both look adequate as long as you never sit in a car with a really well designed interior.

I have recently been in a 2013 F type Jag and a fairly current BMW. Both cost far more than the Corvette and both put it in the shade (talking about the 2014 Vette) on interior quality.

Personally, I am happy with an adequate interior - my priorities are far more to the performance end than creature comforts. When you build a car to a price, you have to make compromises and I'd rather compromise interior quality than engine or brakes. I could have done without QUITE so much compromise on that notchy transmission, but that's another story/quibble.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts