Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around Autotrader.ca today and found a 2000 S2000 and a 2000 Boxter for sale in town. Five months ago I would have checked them both out. But now both designs look dated and bland compared to the Solstice. :cool:
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I was poking around Autotrader.ca today and found a 2000 S2000 and a 2000 Boxter for sale in town. Five months ago I would have checked them both out. But now both designs look dated and bland compared to the Solstice. :cool:
I agree completely. I really liked both of those cars before spotting the Solstice online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Been there.....Done that.....Old Designs....

BadAzSolstice said:
I agree completely. I really liked both of those cars before spotting the Solstice online.
Sold my Boxster to pay for the Solstice! :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
352 Posts
I like the S2000 and Boxsters...but new they are twice the price of the solstice and the solstice is a nicer more attractive design.

I hope GM doesn't over do the GXP version when it hits with its supercharger or turbocharger so they get 250 hp....
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
I would still take a bargain priced Boxster over the Solstice in a minute. The Porsche is simply a better car. But the Solstice is wonderful AND affordable. I get to have my cake and eat it to. The fact that the Pontiac is a better looking vehicle is frosting on the cake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
63 Posts
test drove a boxster

On Friday I test drove a 93 boxster with 23000 miles on it. it was in near perfect condition and beautiful. The price tag was 22900.00. I have to admit that I almost drove away in this car.

A porsche for under 25000 in this kind of shape.... it will make someone a great car.... Someone who doesn't know that Pontiac has made the Solstice.

The only thing that sucks is, they will be driving their car while I'm still daydreaming about mine.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Are you sure it was a Boxster?

hodges1 said:
On Friday I test drove a 93 boxster with 23000 miles on it. it was in near perfect condition and beautiful. The price tag was 22900.00. I have to admit that I almost drove away in this car.

A porsche for under 25000 in this kind of shape.... it will make someone a great car.... Someone who doesn't know that Pontiac has made the Solstice.

The only thing that sucks is, they will be driving their car while I'm still daydreaming about mine.....
Are you sure the model year was 93? The Boxster initial model year was 1997. I just sold my 1999 Boxster in July for $24,000. Sold in two days, after listing.
:yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
hodges1 said:
On Friday I test drove a 93 boxster with 23000 miles on it. it was in near perfect condition and beautiful. The price tag was 22900.00. I have to admit that I almost drove away in this car.

A porsche for under 25000 in this kind of shape.... it will make someone a great car.... Someone who doesn't know that Pontiac has made the Solstice.

The only thing that sucks is, they will be driving their car while I'm still daydreaming about mine.....
Or someone who isn't swift enough to know that the Boxster wasn't even being produced in '93.
LMAO...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
You can get decent 97 Boxsters today (Initial year of it) for under 20K and 99's low 20's....Still you want to check them before you buy...the difference with solstice is new and will be under warranty for a few years....Boxster you'll need to buy extended warranty as the oldest it gets the more expensive repairs can be....
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top