Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I love the Solstice as much as you do, and I'm waiting for it to become avaliable. However, I have had my eye on the Acura RSX-S for a while now.

What do you think of the Acura RSX-S, and would you buy it or wait for the Solstice?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wait for the Solstice. It's just around the corner. If you compromise now you will never forgive yourself.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Really kind of apples and oranges here - the Acura RSX-S is not a two-seat roadster. But, if that works better for you - :cheers:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Depends on what is the best vehicle for you, and which you will be happiest living with. I assume that the vehicle you chose will be a daily driver. The RSX-S certainly makes a better daily driver because of its roomy hatch. Plenty of stowage space for stuff. The Sol, not so good. Also, you can have more than two people in the RSX in a pinch. Its not going to carry 4 people far, but you can get away with it. Again, not so with the Sol.

I think the Sol will be more fun to drive (entertaining). However, if you have to borrow a car every other week to buy groceries, or to haul more than 2 people, or just to carry your stuff to an event of gathering, living with the Sol could quickly become a lot less fun.

It really depends on how much you can live with, and how far you are willing to compromise.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Lola said:
Hey guys! I love the Solstice as much as you do, and I'm waiting for it to become avaliable. However, I have had my eye on the Acura RSX-S for a while now.

What do you think of the Acura RSX-S, and would you buy it or wait for the Solstice?
Totally different cars... Different price range too, no?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
putrfixr said:
Totally different cars... Different price range too, no?
Price range is potentially close. The RSX-S stickers just over $24K, which is in the range of a well optioned Solstice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
totally diffrent cars?? yes diffrent price?? NO you can get a RSX type S for around 24k and it would be optioned out like a 24k solstice

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'd also say it greatly depends on your height. My wife has an RSX, and she's 5' and can see perfectly out the car. I on the other hand am 5'9" (and i sit very tall) and I find it impossible to see out of the car. The sun visor is in my face, the rear C pillars completely block my view. I have to turn completely around to see anything.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Lola said:

If it's going to be your only vehicle, I'd say go for the Acura. If you're looking for a toy/second car, go for the roadster!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
2KWK4U said:
If it's going to be your only vehicle, I'd say go for the Acura. If you're looking for a toy/second car, go for the roadster!
:agree:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
MarkZ said:
You're talking apples vs. oranges. Two entirely different cars.[/QUOTE[

They are indeed two different vehicles, but there is no rule someone cannot cross shop them. They have some similarities. Both are sporty vehicles that are very driver oriented, and in the same ballpark price wise. However, instead of a comparison like you would make between two roadsters, the comparison here is more between what is different between them, and which fits his lifestyle best.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Now your not trying to convince Lola to buy an Acura just so there's less competition buying the Solstice. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts