Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Solstice on order and have decided that it just isn't going to work out for me. I'm moving to Seattle in about a month and I would prefer to have a new car before I move. Here are the details:

Mysterious with Sand/Steel interior
Power Package
Convenience Package
Premium Package
A/C
ABS
Floor Mats
LSD
Polished Wheels
Standard stereo (was planning to install aftermarket unit)

The dealer is Sam Leman in Eureka, IL. Price is MSRP. I have a $1500 deposit on the car. I would simply like to get my deposit back. So if my deposit can be transferred to a new buyer, I would like $1500 from the buyer. Or if my deposit can be refunded by the dealer, buyer would pay me nothing.
Order is currently at 3000, dealer expects delivery around Christmas time.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
piGuy said:
I have a Solstice on order and have decided that it just isn't going to work out for me. I'm moving to Seattle in about a month and I would prefer to have a new car before I move. Here are the details:

Mysterious with Sand/Steel interior
Power Package
Convenience Package
Premium Package
A/C
ABS
Floor Mats
LSD
Polished Wheels
Standard stereo (was planning to install aftermarket unit)

The dealer is Sam Leman in Eureka, IL. Price is MSRP. I have a $1500 deposit on the car. I would simply like to get my deposit back. So if my deposit can be transferred to a new buyer, I would like $1500 from the buyer. Or if my deposit can be refunded by the dealer, buyer would pay me nothing.
Order is currently at 3000, dealer expects delivery around Christmas time.
Now this is a nice guy!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
deluke said:
Now this is a nice guy!
Yes, offering a place in line to the forum before the waiting list at the dealership. :cheers:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
I have to buy out a contract I have with my current employer when I leave, which will come out to about $4500... Not the kind of money I want to spend right before moving over 2000 miles! I'm looking at cheaper cars now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
taxes

Dunno if you plan to buy a new car before or after you move, but if before, you really don't want to pay for licensing fees twice. Washington's fees are based on the value of the car, plus there is a monorail fee if you live in Seattle. (I had to renew my annual fee in June, and moved to Seattle in July. Yep, had to pay licensing fees twice.)

BTW I sent a PM to you related to another thread you started.

rob

·
Registered
61 Posts
solstice88 said:
Dunno if you plan to buy a new car before or after you move, but if before, you really don't want to pay for licensing fees twice. Washington's fees are based on the value of the car, plus there is a monorail fee if you live in Seattle. (I had to renew my annual fee in June, and moved to Seattle in July. Yep, had to pay licensing fees twice.)

WA.'s fees are no longer based on vehicle value. THANK YOU TIM EIMAN! they are now only about $30 per year plus misc. fees' (monorail and other BS fees) if you live in King county.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
PiGuy: The registration is the smaller of the two problems. The big one is SALES TAX. Some states make you pay in the new state, regardless of what you paid in the previous state, if you recently purchased a new car.

What you MUST do is contact the Washington state government and ask them about that. Since your move is imminent, you should just not register it in Illinois, do the original registration in Washington.

BE CAREFUL, doing it wrong could cost you $1500 or more!

PS: You ARE a super guy to try to get a forum member to take over the purchase. You would have NO problem walking away from the deal, the dealer would gladly refund your deposit, I'm sure!

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
piGuy said: "I have to buy out a contract I have with my current employer when I leave."

What, did you ask to get traded from the Cubs to the Mariners or something? Why would you have to pay anything to your current employer, unless it was some kind of advance bonus for hanging around for a few years? What would happen if you just up and left? Would they sue you?

If you don't want to discuss it, no problem. I'm just a curious cat. I mean, a curious George (the monkey, remember?)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the advice. Everyone on this forum has been amazing and really helpful. gizmo, I don't mind discussing the contract thing, but it's probably best suited for a different thread. solstice88, I sent you a PM.

For those curious, the order is a 1st 4 month allocation (obviously) and was placed August 24th.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just thought I'd post an update:

Dealer gave me back my deposit in full. Car has just been built. They estimate one month till delivery. So if anyone wants a solstice before the end of the year, here's your chance!

·
Registered
83 Posts
ljsroof

I will be happy to that this car off your hands. If I pick it up I would like to see you drive it for a day be for I bring it home. Please let me Know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts