Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CARiD,

As discussed elsewhere on several boards, I am very interested in working with your company in getting a set of projector headlights produced for my '07 Solstice. Is there a way where we can produce or retrofit a standard fixture for the SOL?

I figured since so many others were interested I would start this thread in your forum and keep a running list of those interested in production of a quality product.

INTERESTED PEOPLE:
CT_Solstice
Lil Goat
Kalexo

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
They should know by now I am interested, I wrote them long ago, to to keep things together add me to the list. I think this would be the new "killer" mod if someone came out with the lights, who would want them, especially since they came stock on the Sky.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are interested in seeing this done, either PM me, or reply here!!! We are hoping CARiD will understand there is an actual need/want/demand and will work with us to produce the lights.

·
Registered
61 Posts
count me in....

I have seen others post mods... I want this...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Count me in also !

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
I would be very interested in projector headlights for the Solstice. I just bought an HID kit from CARiD called Notto SE with 5000K H13 Hi/Lo beam HID bulbs. I realize that these HID bulbs are designed for projector head light systems for maximum performance and to stop the residual glare that results from HID bulbs in our halogen type headlights. Until I can get a projector system, I will be adjusting the low beam so as to shine the beam as low as possible in order to reduce the glare to on-coming traffic.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
CARiD,

As discussed elsewhere on several boards, I am very interested in working with your company in getting a set of projector headlights produced for my '07 Solstice. Is there a way where we can produce or retrofit a standard fixture for the SOL?

I figured since so many others were interested I would start this thread in your forum and keep a running list of those interested in production of a quality product.

INTERESTED PEOPLE:
CT_Solstice
Lil Goat
Kalexo
Wonder if you will get a response. CarId is a reseller. I do not think they manufacture anything. All the products they sell seem to be from other manufacturers. I've looked at their Grills, headlights, tail lights, dash kits, etc and have found them all from other vendors as well. You might be better off contacting a manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Ya, you'll have to go straight to the source on this one.....most of the time, all the stuff you find on the internet are the exact same product, just different companies selling the same stuff. No clue on how you'd find the manufacturer. I carry 2 different taillight and headlight companies, and have ordered from both.....same product.

I can just make you guys some :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Great site, good for getting ideas. Lightwerkz are good at what they do. However, they will not manufacture lights for our cars. They are simply retrofitters. Which, isn't a bad thing, I mean, as a retrofitter myself, it's simply the best option for the money. Cheap, aftermarket Plug-n-play headlights (that you can normally get on eBay) suck, the materials are cheap, and the lighting output is less than desired. Going the retrofitted route is more expensive, but it's because your paying for what you get. Best lighting possible, using only the best materials and products; plus you get a one-off retrofit everytime. You can specify color, LEDs, Halos, output, etc.
I have a hard time seeing any company accepting the offer to make aftermarket projector headlights for our cars because the brand no longer exists.

Retrofitting will always be out there, and will always be the best option.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Great site, good for getting ideas. Lightwerkz are good at what they do. However, they will not manufacture lights for our cars. They are simply retrofitters. Which, isn't a bad thing, I mean, as a retrofitter myself, it's simply the best option for the money. Cheap, aftermarket Plug-n-play headlights (that you can normally get on eBay) suck, the materials are cheap, and the lighting output is less than desired. Going the retrofitted route is more expensive, but it's because your paying for what you get. Best lighting possible, using only the best materials and products; plus you get a one-off retrofit everytime. You can specify color, LEDs, Halos, output, etc.
I have a hard time seeing any company accepting the offer to make aftermarket projector headlights for our cars because the brand no longer exists.

Retrofitting will always be out there, and will always be the best option.
Right on! :agree:

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
What a crappy vendor that the request was originally made in March and they have yet to respond

·
Registered
143 Posts

lways be out there, and will always be the best option.
Retrofitting will

This is why I posted, because there is no other option at the moment.

I've seen the posts of Patrick Schmidt and he has the Lightwerkz. They do look good for a retrofit. I'm sure you would make a great product yourself.

Do you do this as well?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Retrofitting will

This is why I posted, because there is no other option at the moment.

I've seen the posts of Patrick Schmidt and he has the Lightwerkz. They do look good for a retrofit. I'm sure you would make a great product yourself.

Do you do this as well?
Yes I do.
Have done a few sets for some people on here.
Just got another order in from a member from the Netherlands yesterday.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
hey there, cartmann32([email protected]) does amazing work!!!! its totally worth it. he did mine for me. black housing, bi-xenon projectors, proto-type shroud and custom halos. and they light up everything. once my car's back from the shop, finally, i'll upgrade and post some pictures. they are amazing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts