Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all -

I am looking high and low for a gift for the wife that has everything; including a 2006 Solstice.

What have you either bought for yourself or gotten as a gift for your Solstice that you absolutely love? She has the base model, so not many bells\whistles. Already has a car coverage and sig mats, etc..

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Buying the car for her was a big win but I'd like to add something to the mix that would be meaningful.

Thanks!!
:woo:

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
All the above plus a set of Michelin Summer Super Sports.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for your input, everyone, so appreciated!

I've ordered the fitted luggage and have thrown in a couple of the interior pouches (stocking stuffers).

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Google "Solstice Stuff". They use to have everything you could imagine in GM sanctioned Solstice merch and clothing. They stopped making stuff when are cars were discontinued.:devil: They still have a selection of women's cloths...jackets and tops etc.

I bought a few items from them over the years and found them to be of good quality.:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
While browsing the kappasphere site, check out the attic and/or the kapparoo pouches for extra storage.

Windrestrictor has a holiday sale going on right now (if you don't have a windrestrictor yet.)

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That kinda sounded like a hint Chicken. What's the matter? did you not get your Solstice key chain a while back?

One thing that my loaded 08 has that the base 06 does not is a 6 disc CD changer. I have a ton of CD's so that was a better deal for me. Plus, I think the 06 radio does NOT have a AUX in and the one in the 08 does.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
lol - Oh no - the keychain was awesome - still love it! (Hence the recommendation as a gift.)

My 07 has the 6 cd changer with the aux input - maybe an option with the "Monsoon" system?

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
well, I wasn't sure if my 06 had the AUX port or not. the only time I get in it is if it's parked behind the GXP and that's just to move it:) It does have the monsoon so maybe it does. another thing I loke about the one in the 08 is the speed senced volumn control.

those etched classes sound nice. maybe if you could find a nice coffee cup too.
Solstice floor Mats might be something to think about too.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I'd go for this before anything else, assuming she cares about the car she drives and doesn't just want paraphernalia with the car name on it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The best thing I've bought for any car I've owned is the Kuda mount for my cell phone. It looks extremely good and fits the look of the car and the phone perfectly, and also charges the phone while its in the mount.

Kinda pricey though at $70 for the car-specific mount and another $50 or so for the phone-specific cradle, but when you upgrade phones you only have to change the cradle.

KUDA OEM leather iPhone GPS Mount for PONTIAC SOLSTICE (since 2006) black

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Ya know, Seltz? I looked at those before. I think I'm telling the wife that's my gift for this Christmas.
You will love it. I have mine configured to hold my iPhone. I then switch mounts and it holds my Garmin. A first class mod!:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.