Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, maybe there already is one, but check this out, a little hokey, but still ok.

S Solstice
O Owners
L Limited
S Society or Syndicate
T To
I Initial
C Customers
E Exclusively

Was kicking the idea around in my head, could limit to forum/ MY 06 buyers, and have a party here on the lot. Haven't asked the GM yet, but is he gonna say no? Highly unprobable.

I was thinking Labor Day weekend, every other car group has a Labor Day bash, why not this car group?

Let me know
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
It sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure if I could go, but will try hard make it.

Solstice
Owners
Loving
Sol's
Topless
Interior
Community
Experience
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
conejo148 said:
I was thinking Labor Day weekend, every other car group has a Labor Day bash, why not this car group?
Labor Day weekend this year? If I get in the EOP and have my Solstice broken in by then, I would be willing to attempt the drive! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
Holiday weekends are tough for many people especially since labor day typically is the last weekend before school starts. But I would sure try to make it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
PAS22 said:
Holiday weekends are tough for many people especially since labor day typically is the last weekend before school starts. But I would sure try to make it!

That's a big issue for alot of us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PAS22 said:
Holiday weekends are tough for many people especially since labor day typically is the last weekend before school starts. But I would sure try to make it!
Well, around Labor Day. The weather is nice here that time. I mentioned it to my Fiance and she started complaining about this and that. Blah Blah Blah, ;) but I still love her.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
It may be difficult to get a very big group of Solstice owners together this summer. Only so many Solstices will have been delivered by September limiting those who would go. Of those who do get them, many may have to make travel plans and arrangements well in advance, and may not be willing to do so if they are unsure they will have the car by then. After that there is also a matter of who would really be interested in going and following through on that, and then getting the word out since there is a good chance a lot of potential Sol owners won't be on this site.

Essentially, I think it would be a small gathering, but if it happens it could be the start of something big!

Location would be key too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fformula88 said:
It may be difficult to get a very big group of Solstice owners together this summer. Only so many Solstices will have been delivered by September limiting those who would go. Of those who do get them, many may have to make travel plans and arrangements well in advance, and may not be willing to do so if they are unsure they will have the car by then. After that there is also a matter of who would really be interested in going and following through on that, and then getting the word out since there is a good chance a lot of potential Sol owners won't be on this site.

Essentially, I think it would be a small gathering, but if it happens it could be the start of something big!

Location would be key too!
Location, location, location. True, may not be real big at first, but anything could happen.

Boss said ok, just pick a date. October weather seems to be a little nicer than Aug/Sept. Indian Summers and such, leaves tuning, crisp mornings, and hopefully a killing frost has wiped out the mosquitos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
conejo148 said:
Location, location, location. True, may not be real big at first, but anything could happen.

Boss said ok, just pick a date. October weather seems to be a little nicer than Aug/Sept. Indian Summers and such, leaves tuning, crisp mornings, and hopefully a killing frost has wiped out the mosquitos.
Would be nice to get together at your place, conejo.

As an alternative, might I suggest meeting around the Winter Solstice in Corpus Christy, TX or maybe Las Vegas, NV? We could organize semi-annual meets around the Winter and Summer Solstices (solsti?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Would be nice to get together at your place, conejo.

As an alternative, might I suggest meeting around the Winter Solstice in Corpus Christy, TX or maybe Las Vegas, NV? We could organize semi-annual meets around the Winter and Summer Solstices (solsti?)

i can do corpus! only about 4 to 5 hours away from me. that's a great idea to base it around the solstices each year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
How about a gathering of EOP owners at Road America for the Vintage Races, we can even drive car on the track (for a small fee of course!). Not sure what the date is but Elkart Lake is only about two hours north of Chicago.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
conejo148 said:
Well, around Labor Day. The weather is nice here that time. I mentioned it to my Fiance and she started complaining about this and that. Blah Blah Blah, ;) but I still love her.
"Labor" not a word women always love to hear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Consider me there. I'm only two hours away. May have to take the long way to enjoy the drive!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
NytLyt said:
Consider me there. I'm only two hours away. May have to take the long way to enjoy the drive!
Like across southern Ontario down through Niagra Falls and fallow the lake to NW Ohio!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Would be nice to get together at your place, conejo.

As an alternative, might I suggest meeting around the Winter Solstice in Corpus Christy, TX or maybe Las Vegas, NV? We could organize semi-annual meets around the Winter and Summer Solstices (solsti?)
2KWK4U had a great idea. Organize in the North for the summer solstice and in the South for the winter one. Each owner can go to whichever is best suited for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Solstick said:
That's a big issue for alot of us.
Wow solstick! I just had to give you props on your avatar! that rocks! two of my favorite things! the beach and a solstice! of course this means I will have to come up with something similar... :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
meeting

conejo148 said:
Location, location, location. True, may not be real big at first, but anything could happen.

Boss said ok, just pick a date. October weather seems to be a little nicer than Aug/Sept. Indian Summers and such, leaves tuning, crisp mornings, and hopefully a killing frost has wiped out the mosquitos.
I will be there driving my Sol (I hope)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PAS22 said:
Like across southern Ontario down through Niagra Falls and fallow the lake to NW Ohio!
There is a pretty nice state scenic route, about 20-25 miles, follows the Maumee river-St.Rte. 424. Runs from Napoleon to Defiance. Was thinking about using it for a cruise, and then end up at a local drive-in root beer stand. Just thinking. Even if only 10 or 15 people made it, that would still be cool to have a small caravan.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top