Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yup, regular USPS from Highland Park, MI

A lot of typical useless owners manual junk

Interesting though, it says you can use regular 87 gas, but premium is recommended and the amber parking lights are the daytime running lamps.
I thought driving with amber parking lights on was illegal in some areas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
hyzer said:

Interesting though, it says you can use regular 87 gas, but premium is recommended and the amber parking lights are the daytime running lamps.
But it also says you may hear a slight nocking noise, so it will defenetly will be premium, so we are now just like the new Miata at 91 or higher, it makes sense with 10:6:1 compresion.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
So that's where the extra 7HP (177 vs 170) came from, it's tuned to run on premium now.

Looks like the top flaps release with the rear deck. But to put the top up you will need to reach across or walk around the car to snap them in.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
hyzer said:

Apparently its not illegal to run with the amber lamps, as GM has been using amber DRL's in some of its cars for a number of years now. I think since 97, but don't quote me on the year.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
LBJay said:
So that's where the extra 7HP (177 vs 170) came from, it's tuned to run on premium now.

Looks like the top flaps release with the rear deck. But to put the top up you will need to reach across or walk around the car to snap them in.
They've probably tuned the ECU to allow for use of higher octane fuels along with a higher redline compared to the other engines.

·
Registered
40 Posts
scan request...

Would it be possible to get a scan of the Driver information Center information?

This is awesome! Thanks a ton! :thumbs:

Also, how is it assembled, I mean is the manual like it would come in your car, or is it stapled together, etc... Depending how it is bound, I could possibly buy one and scan in the whole thing in PDF form. But it would take a while if it is bound like a factory issue manual (I have a document feeder for my scanner).

As far as the knocking sound on 87, I would be really surprised if you could hear any noise at all... Unless you were using very poor, or old fuel (like that might sit for a while in an unused, covered for the winter, roadster.) My friend has a 1999 Nissan Maxima that recommended 91 but says you can run on 87 and I have never heard any knocking whatsoever, when he runs 87. If there were to be any knocking (actually the correct word is pinging) I would think it would only be under full throttle.

I would love to see dyno plots showing 87 vs. 91+, to see what the difference really is. For me I would run 93 here, and at full throttle too! :devil:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Argggg, I really can't wait till we get some damn dyno graphs. GM's taking forver to put out their own for the engine, and we've got ohhhh so long to wait till people have the cars in hand. I want to see how 87, 89, and 91+ octane really effect this engine.

·
Registered
218 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Does the manual mention anything about a shift indicator light? I'm really hoping that nag light isn't on the car. That was one of the best things about teh S/R package on my car was the removal of the shift indicator.

Also after seeing everything it has to offer I've decided I'm going to fork over the extra money to get the Convienience package.

·
Registered
218 Posts
brentil said:
Does the manual mention anything about a shift indicator light? I'm really hoping that nag light isn't on the car. That was one of the best things about teh S/R package on my car was the removal of the shift indicator.
I can't find any mention of one. Here's all the warning lights on the panel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
shoeman said:
Dose It Come With Compass And Tem. Gauge????
Hope So!!!
No Temp Gauge, as you can see from the picture is just a light.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts