Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend has made enough noise that I think at this point I have to do something. As you all know there is no mirror in the 2008 GXP passenger-side interior sunblocker, (not sure of the correct terminology).

Anyone know if anybody manufactured one of these with a mirror? If not anyone know what the easiest answer would be, please bear in mind that as if you've read my threads I am not highly mechanical, so getting into something complex is not going to work.

I did search through Google, but, did not see anything that I thought could possibly work. Maybe I missed something.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
in the early days, at least one company created a mirror that fit our cars.
I have one.
But, I have no memory on the company name.
( The mirror is not that wonderful. I could not keep mine in place. )

maybe a search of the forum ?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Kappashere made one that was contoured to fit the sun visor. DDM bought out Kappasphere's inventory but I haven't seen the mirror for sale on DDM's website. Mine didn't stay stuck on for long even with 3M tape. It is now a hand held item that rests in the Kapparoo pouch.

Reactions: sirwm

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Yes Kappasphere did make one bit it's been long discontinued. Pocket mirror and a couple of rubber bands is probably the solution. Might be a 3rd party "generic" version out there.

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought a extra drivers side and just touched up the left side on a disk sander to fit the profile of the passengers side. Had it for years and no one has ever noticed other that my happy wife!
actually thought of this, but, not mechanically inclined enough to build the tackle that, though maybe I can bring it up to my local shop and see what how much he would want to do that
this would be the ideal solution
since I plan on keeping the car a very long time it may be better than putting the clip on
thank you

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
decided to get a clip on mirror from Amazon, will feedback once I get one, somebody above center wing, probably will get that one and give my opinion once I get it

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just swapped them. The passenger visor just barley hangs over, and no one has ever notice except for me of course. Try it, it is just one screw holding them on, and if you don't like it, put it back.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just swapped them. The passenger visor just barley hangs over, and no one has ever notice except for me of course. Try it, it is just one screw holding them on, and if you don't like it, put it back.
I did like you said, I swapped them, will probably try to find one with the mirror also for the driver side, looks aptly fine, thank you, girlfriend will be happy now, and mirror or not not on my side really not overly concerned. one screw, some sort of hexagonal screw, had a set of heads and one said, both came off and went on no problem. Even I get that one done. And that's saying a lot. I plan on doing and learning a lot more as time goes on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts