4K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  tednelson83 
#1 ·
What if????

Hey, it's been so quiet around here lately, I thought I'd liven things up :lol:

See less See more
#2 ·
Took me a few seconds.

#12 ·
About two years ago the Miata news letter for Central Florida had a picture of the Solsice with the question under asking if it was the new Miata. I don't think they knew it was the Solstice at the time. I still have it and have to laugh every time I see it.

#13 ·
LUVnSOL said:
About two years ago the Miata news letter for Central Florida had a picture of the Solsice with the question under asking if it was the new Miata. I don't think they knew it was the Solstice at the time. I still have it and have to laugh every time I see it.
why dont ya scan and post it...Im sure we would all enjoy it!

#15 ·
Drex said:
How about this photochop over at the Miata Forum done by Cherry Bomb... if the Miata and Sol mated...
You just killed my thread! Who's gonna concentrate on my photochop with that monstrosity in here :lol: I see many Sol Forum Members running for the toilets :glol:

#18 ·
Drex said:
How about this photochop over at the Miata Forum done by Cherry Bomb... if the Miata and Sol mated...
Financial News - GM and Mazda merge - announce the creation of the "Soliata" :lol:

#20 ·
Time I fess up.

This was kind of a test, I wondered how much that area of the car contributed to one's feeling about the car in general.

Notice I never suggested I liked the photochop better!!!!!

I like these comments:

-"While not ugly, (and for the record I've always like the 2nd gen Miata), the Solstice sure lost it's sex appeal, didn't it?"

-"Yuk...looks like a Miata"

-"Look out incase madza steals the idea"

******BTW, welcome Sham. That is an interesting comment, RODEO!

Although I did this more to see peoples reactions, I learned after a while, I kinda like the photochop. The rear deck lid was one of the VERY VERY first things that drew me to the Solstice, but gotta say, it would have been just as big a hit with a flat trunk lid.

Well, it was fun!

#21 ·
I must say the rear deck lid on the Sol it what got me in the first place. To me that is a very important part of the car. Without it I would not even buy...

RODEO said:
The rear deck lid was one of the VERY VERY first things that drew me to the Solstice, but gotta say, it would have been just as big a hit with a flat trunk lid.

Well, it was fun!

#22 ·
RODEO said:
You just killed my thread! Who's gonna concentrate on my photochop with that monstrosity in here :lol: I see many Sol Forum Members running for the toilets :glol:
I felt my lunch start to come when I first saw the pic... then I thought, wow he actually made the front of the Miata bearable :lol:

#24 ·
It is still a beautiful car. In fact, the car looks cleaner and more sleek without the extensions on the trunk lid. I prefer the actual design more. It is more distinctive and more classic with than without.

#25 ·
jimbo said:
It is still a beautiful car. In fact, the car looks cleaner and more sleek without the extensions on the trunk lid. I prefer the actual design more. It is more distinctive and more classic with than without.
I wonder if anyone will ever mod it to look this way????

#26 ·
Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder in this case...

I think it is not at all right without the humps. This really
is a big part of the Solstice and without its not the same IMHO.

jimbo said:
In fact, the car looks cleaner and more sleek without the extensions on the trunk lid. I prefer the actual design more. It is more distinctive and more classic with than without.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.