Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just thought I would share some pictures from the GM Desert Proving Grounds. The pictures by a person from another forum I belong to. I am not sure when they were taken, but I am positive that they are pre production pics. If these are old news, I apologize.

·
Registered
905 Posts
physixman said:
wow......an automatic........what a shame
Yeah that was my first thought too :(

·
Registered
55 Posts
..pictures from the GM Desert Proving Grounds

I've been wondering about the desert heat since I live in Tucson. I sat in my friend's new Mustang (V6) yesterday (107 degrees F), car sitting outside for hours and the Air Conditioning performed amazing. Not just the high velocity output but very cold (at idle).

Anyone have info. on the air-conditioning output on the Solstice?

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Sol-Brotha said:
I've been wondering about the desert heat since I live in Tucson. I sat in my friend's new Mustang (V6) yesterday (107 degrees F), car sitting outside for hours and the Air Conditioning performed amazing. Not just the high velocity output but very cold (at idle).

Anyone have info. on the air-conditioning output on the Solstice?
I would imagine that it would be pretty good with the top up. It's not like it has that much space to cool. ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
never seen an auto Sol before. personally I think it looks like crap, the circular ring for the manual still there and all. I know that's how they usually do it is make room for the manny and then put a shifter plate in for the auto, but this is in definite need of a reworked console so that the auto looks more like it belongs in there.

...but what do I care, I hate auto anyway and I would never get this car with it!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
That's the first picture I've seen with the automatic. I think it would look better with a black boot hole cover instead of silver, but like dori-san said, what do I care? You gotta be crazy, lazy or missing a leg to order this car with an automatic! :lol: Thanks for the pictures!

·
Registered
114 Posts
put me down as lazy, crazy, and with a bad knee. if the automatic works well in this thing, I will go for it.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Notice how retarded the steering wheel looks with buttons on one side, but not the other? Is that what you get when you order the convenience package without the premium package?

·
Registered
753 Posts
i would be seriously bummed if i had a chance to drive a solstice and someone showed up with a slushbox auto trans-not even 'steptronic' (tiptronic for porschephiles.. his&hers for those who remember the old goats). BTW- thanx for the pix!

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Notice how retarded the steering wheel looks with buttons on one side, but not the other? Is that what you get when you order the convenience package without the premium package?
heh, aren't those audio controls? meaning that the steering wheel features the premium package buttons but NOT the convenience ones? because aren't the cruise buttons on the right?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
dori-san said:
heh, aren't those audio controls? meaning that the steering wheel features the premium package buttons but NOT the convenience ones? because aren't the cruise buttons on the right?
Negative. I think the audio controls are on the right and cruise on the left. Here's my attempt at deciphering the buttons. I believe there's a better and more recent picture out there with different icons on it... but I'm too lazy to search for it :jester:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Negative. I think the audio controls are on the right and cruise on the left. Here's my attempt at deciphering the buttons. I believe there's a better and more recent picture out there with different icons on it... but I'm too lazy to search for it :jester:
It's the same organization as on the Grand Am's or Prix's steering. The +/- on the right is the volume control, not the disc key. I believe the left side -> key is the skip track key.

Otherwise the other keys are id right.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts