Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Andrew Jackson said:
Just went back on and it is gone. GM must have pulled it. Thay are quick.
Wait Its back
Just so you know, GM can't "pull" pictures at any time. They must contact someone at the site where the pics are posted, and nicely ask to have them removed - and generally have to have a good reason. There is a difference between a "legitimate" spy photo (like it looks like the C&G pics and the Wilmington photos from Delawarebuddy) and ones that have a good reason to request getting them pulled (like pictures that may show sensitive areas inside a plant, or potential security holes, or even general security-sensitive systems). Non legit photos (ones that are likely to be asked to be pulled) are also ones taken "on GM property", and photos that may be copyrighted or easily shown as "GM intellectual property" covered under copyright laws.

They never really left, they just moved down the forum list as new posts showed up. I revised your link so it point directly to the thread.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
solsticeman said:
Just so you know, GM can't "pull" pictures at any time. They must contact someone at the site where the pics are posted, and nicely ask to have them removed - and generally have to have a good reason. There is a difference between a "legitimate" spy photo (like it looks like the C&G pics and the Wilmington photos from Delawarebuddy) and ones that have a good reason to request getting them pulled (like pictures that may show sensitive areas inside a plant, or potential security holes, or even general security-sensitive systems). Non legit photos (ones that are likely to be asked to be pulled) are also ones taken "on GM property", and photos that may be copyrighted or easily shown as "GM intellectual property" covered under copyright laws.

They never really left, they just moved down the forum list as new posts showed up. I revised your link so it point directly to the thread.
Thanks I was trying to figure out how to do that.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Yeah, you'll see Solstices (test items and such) with window stickers on them. I believe it is some sort of law, regarding shipping or something. We've seen some in other threads, but they don't have pricing, mileage estimates, etc. And they have some sort of statement that the car is not sellable.

There is one pictured in the gallery, here: http://www.solsticeforum.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=613

·
Registered
68 Posts
I ordered a sly with black leather and all the toys but smoker's and onstar. I'm not sure how I feel about my color selection. How do you like the sly?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
debz said:
I ordered a sly with black leather and all the toys but smoker's and onstar. I'm not sure how I feel about my color selection. How do you like the sly?
I really like the sly. I think it looks sharp, especially with the black top and all the shiny chrome bits scattered around on the car. I myself ordered it with the two tone sand/steel interior, which is another reason I went with Sly. I didn't want the car to look too busy, with too many different colors going on. (My second choice would have been Mysterious, but I didn't like the way it looked with the two tone interior as much.)

I also tend to prefer metallic paints on cars for myself. I think they are usually easier to keep clean.

·
Registered
120 Posts
window stickers

didn't that shipment of test cars have window stickers stating "not for sale". one thing I did notice about these two cars is the better fit of the hood to the front fenders. I think that can be seen as a good sign.

The summer solstice is tomorrow, so much for that hoped for delivery. but sooner than the winter solstice I hope.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum, debz. Should be very nice and a little different. Think most of the people that ordered Sly, went for the sand/gray interior in order to copy the look of the car in the brochures. That's what I did anyway. Hoping that the dark metallic gray will have a sort of classy, classic look without the hassles of black.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
2 more in oshawa?

geez, these pics look like they were taken down at the Oshawa CREC buiding. i wanna go down there! ...dam! im too busy with exams

·
Registered
26 Posts
Alright, thats it. I am just going to steal one. I dont want to wait any longer. I know a guy that knew a guy that said he has a cousin that knows someone who knows how to steal a car without getting caught 60% of the time all the time. So I should be good.

-pete

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
get down there!

Somebody get down there, and snap some photos! If I wasnt too busy with exams, id be camping out beside the chain link fence! Now go go go!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I just went down the the C.R.E.C. building a few hours ago and the stickers that were on both of the windshields are gone. I dont think we will ever know what was on those unless an insider can provide us with some info. These two Sols were so amazing! they were side by side. Unfortunately, I think somebody purposely parked a white astro van right beside them so that nobody would be able to snap any more pictures of them. The liquid silver metallic had the painted silver wheels, and the Sly Sol had the aluminum polished rims. I cant wait to get mine now... this event made me want it more than ever!

...unpatiently waiting.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
What!!! They are at CREC!!! I'll go check that out tomorrow!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts