Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I saw a Miata rolling down the highway with a plasitc storage bucket bungee corded to the trunk (where's a camera when you need it :willy: ).

My first thought was how funny it looked :glol: , my second thought was how long till we see a Solstice similarly disgraced :(

To combat this, I suggest we all take a pledge that we will not do anything in - or to - our Solstice that would reflect badly on the rest of the Solstice community

So here it is:

I (insert your name), do solemly swear to do my best to represent the Solstice community with bitchin' style and coolness :cool: . To this end, I will not -

1) strap a plasitc storage bucket to the trunk.

please add your suggestions... :yesnod:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I do solemly swear to do my best to represent the Solstice community by smoking Cobalts/Neons/Civics etc at stoplights while making Z3/Z4 owners jealous :)

·
Registered
670 Posts
No curlers!

When my mom bought her new 74 white camaro ( Crazy lady ) I told her she was not allowed to ride around in curlers. She had to make that car look good. And she did! :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brian carpenter said:
When my mom bought her new 74 white camaro ( Crazy lady ) I told her she was not allowed to ride around in curlers
:glol: Wow, did that cause an instant flashback to being an 8 year-old.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Her choice!

Welcome to my world. My mom called me way back then and said she was trading in her Chevy II for a new car and should she get the car she needed or the car she wanted. I told her she had worked all the time I knew her and should buy the car she wanted. Little did I know what she wanted! Are you waiting for a red one too? We got our invoice last week but no car yet. :willy: :cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
If I take the pledge, does this mean I wouldn't be able to put a huge tacky aluminum wing with triple decker fins on the back of my Solstice with huge 20 inch chrome spinner rims and one of those giant horns on the front (ala Boss Hog's Cadillac)? :(

:glol: :jester:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fformula88 said:
If I take the pledge, does this mean I wouldn't be able to put a huge tacky aluminum wing with triple decker fins on the back of my Solstice with huge 20 inch chrome spinner rims and one of those giant horns on the front (ala Boss Hog's Cadillac)?
Uh - yes, yes and yes! I think all three of those can be safely added to the pledge :lol:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
MAKsys said:
So here it is:

I (insert your name), do solemly swear to do my best to represent the Solstice community with bitchin' style and coolness :cool: . To this end, I will not -

OK ... if'n you's gonna git all uppity, I reckon I'll have to break out my metal pail for strappin' it down to my Sol. I guess a plastic bucket would look a tad cheap and tacky now that ya' mention it.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Will not be a "backseat driver."

...well, I guess we don't have to worry about that happening! Seats only go back so far.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I Slipslider, do solemnly swear to do my best to represent the Solstice community with bitchin' style and coolness . To this end, I will not -

1) strap a plastic storage bucket to the trunk.
2) Install a trailer hitch!

I will -

1) Chrome everything that I am able to detach from the car

·
Registered
48 Posts
MAKsys said:
Yesterday I saw a Miata rolling down the highway with a plasitc storage bucket bungee corded to the trunk (where's a camera when you need it :willy: ).

My first thought was how funny it looked :glol: , my second thought was how long till we see a Solstice similarly disgraced :(

To combat this, I suggest we all take a pledge that we will not do anything in - or to - our Solstice that would reflect badly on the rest of the Solstice community

So here it is:

how about adding this pledge:
i promise to never consider this car to be a "weekend" car.

I promise to take the car across country at least once a year, and do anything that i have to to make it happen (including bungie cording a box to the trunk lid).

and lastly, i promise to scoff, and never associate myself with any other solstice owner that puts less that 1200 miles a month on thier car because they think that "keeping the miles down" or "thinking about the resale value" is more important that getting out there on the road for days on end with the top down, living in your own world for one week.

toby

opps, i almost forgot...i pledge to never even consider putting any size golf bag into the "trunk" of my solstice.....its all about where you are going, and the fun you have on the way...not about how you look to strangers in the process, but i guess that is a hard bite to swallow for some people that have nothing else to worry about...(may the last statement apply to anybody that gets thier feelings hurt when they read...because that means i am talking about you.)

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
MAKsys said:

So here it is:

I DYLAN do solemly swear to do my best to represent the Solstice community with bitchin' style and coolness.To this end, I will not -
2) Modify or add any ugly looking accessories
3) Place my license plate on the front of my car
4) Drive it in the snow

·
5,600 Posts
I do solemnly swear not to...

1) put a skull from a Texas Longhorn bull on the front
2) put a wing from a Mitsubishi Evo on the back
3) or add a 3-inch "lift kit" and 33-inch tires.

(But I never said anything about fuzzy dice or hydraulic shocks! Mine is going to bounce right down Low-Rider Avenue!)

Seriously though, I am your WORST nightmare. Because the 1st thing I'm going to add to my Solstice is a rear deck luggage rack of some sort.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I wasn't joking about the chrome... I will chrome the unchomeable.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Ah, SlipSlider... The man who'd chrome his penis if only he could find a way to detach it! :glol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
MAKsys said:
Uh - yes, yes and yes! I think all three of those can be safely added to the pledge :lol:
:( I was looking forward to all of that too.

:glol:

Dori... would that make him Chromemember? (similar to Austin Powers "Goldmember"??) :glol: :glol:

TMI :willy:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Seems fitting enough... :lol:

Hey Slip, I bet you'll be the first Solstice owner to go this route:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
dang I was hoping to see someone hang a cow bell or some bull balls off the chrome exhaust tip. :lol: :lol: :lol: ...IS Jeff Foxworthy a solstice or Miata kind of guy? ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts