Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The new Car
By Tim T.
10/22/05

It was the summer of the year 2005
the sportscar world came alive.
A new car came to be
the first Solstice we did see

Its curvacious lines
It's beautiful style
It makes people stare
and that makes you smile

Then you get in
and take a long drive
When you hit the curves
The Solstice comes Alive

The faster you go
the better it gets
you just passed a Miata
In his pants the driver wets

He cannot believe
what he just saw
he mutters to himself
there must be a law

they need to outlaw
a car like that
that can outrun my Miata
at the drop of a hat

But you just laugh
and wave as you go by
whats that in your mirror
that guys gonna cry

then you start looking
for your next target car
you see it up ahead
it isn't too far

You drive into the sweeper
to the left you do steer
you downshift and accelerate
you have nothing to fear

Your Solstice is Flying
and your riding so high
you catch him and pass him
shoot just another Miata guy.

you head for home
and park for the night
you turn to look one more time
and then turn out the light
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
SkyMan 07: you're too much, man! Good job!

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
A Solstice is just metal and wire
Though some would give a dollar to lick its tire

They write poems, take photos and sing
A white jacket and padded room it will bring

They ignore the wrinkled top and American name
Calling AAA when it breaks down, what a shame

In three years you'll vist Mr. Honda and he will say
No way, I can't give you a car for your trade

So here's a bicycle and a tip from the man
Next time you buy a car, make sure the label says Japan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
lupado said:
A Solstice is just metal and wire
Though some would give a dollar to lick its tire

They write poems, take photos and sing
A white jacket and padded room it will bring

They ignore the wrinkled top and American name
Calling AAA when it breaks down, what a shame

In three years you'll vist Mr. Honda and he will say
No way, I can't give you a car for your trade

So here's a bicycle and a tip from the man
Next time you buy a car, make sure the label says Japan
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lupado said:
A Solstice is just metal and wire
Though some would give a dollar to lick its tire

They write poems, take photos and sing
A white jacket and padded room it will bring

They ignore the wrinkled top and American name
Calling AAA when it breaks down, what a shame

In three years you'll vist Mr. Honda and he will say
No way, I can't give you a car for your trade

So here's a bicycle and a tip from the man
Next time you buy a car, make sure the label says Japan
I wonder what kind of reception I would get at Miatanet forum if i wrote a anti Miata poem over there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I wonder what kind of reception I would get at Miatanet forum if i wrote a anti Miata poem over there?
I'd do it... but I don't want to register for their forum. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,838 Posts
EXCELLENT First poem. Its funny, as I was reading the part where you shift down and accelerate part and pass the 2nd Miata, I was reading so much faster. Like it was a race. good job!
I'd post that at the miata forum :lol:
If we did that, I think a quarrel would form between us and the Miata peoples. :willy:
We should start strategizing now :grouphug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dylan01 said:
EXCELLENT First poem. Its funny, as I was reading the part where you shift down and accelerate part and pass the 2nd Miata, I was reading so much faster. Like it was a race. good job!
I'd post that at the miata forum :lol:
If we did that, I think a quarrel would form between us and the Miata peoples. :willy:
We should start strategizing now :grouphug:
thanks, not wanting to start a poetry war here, I just thought it would lighten things up some, and someone had to go and post a very unpleasent reply not only picking on the Solstice but all American cars... Shame on him ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
OK on the poems, but we need some help in the song-writing category. Zcellar provided us the words from the Kinks song:

Compliments of Ray Davies. & The Kinks

Tired Of Waiting For You
Written by: R. Davies
Published by: Kassner Music Co. Ltd

Chord file


Lyrics:
I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I was a lonely soul
I had nobody till I met you
But you keep-a me waiting
All of the time
What can I do?

It's your life
And you can do what you want
Do what you like
But please don't keep-a me waiting
Please don't keep-a me waiting

'Cause I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

So tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

I was a lonely soul
I had nobody till I met you
But you keep-a me waiting
All of the time
What can I do?

It's your life
And you can do what you want
Do what you like
But please don't keep-a me waiting
Please don't keep-a me waiting

'Cause I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you

So tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
For you
For you

Now we need a creative person to modify it ever so slightly to make it our official theme song. Anyone?

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Watch out for Trolls

Watch out for Trolls
By Tim T

While driving down a twisty road,
you cross over a bridge
under that bridge is someones Abode
It's your local Miata Troll.


He will try to change your mind
by spouting all sorts of lies
he will tell you how much better that his car is
to get you to leave your Solstice behind.


But you know better, just like I do,
it looks like a melted bar of soap.
Anyone that drives a car like that,
must be high on dope.


So you continue on your merry way
until another bridge you cross.
Another Miata troll will be whining
about another race he's lost.


Maybe someday they will see the light,
and come over from the darker side.
Then he will be the one begging you
just for one little ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,664 Posts
That was cute, SkyMan. :)

And not a personal attack. I like it.

.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gizmo2004 said:
That was cute, SkyMan. :)

And not a personal attack. I like it.

.
believe me someone will take it personal....
but they have to remember this is not a Miata forum, this is a SOLSTICE forum....
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top