Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Inevitable with this kind of car. I wish people would just resist the urge to pay the gouged prices. If the cars sat on the lot, dealers would stop gouging fast!

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AJC said:
There are more MORONS out there that I first thought.
:agree: :willy: :crazy:
:glol:

Even PT Cruisers were selling with huge markups, even though they were being produced in much greater quantities too! There certainly are a fair share of morons around!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:
Here's a blog on the e-bay Solstice gouging....

We should start a poll and see what everyone thinks the price will be by summer. My guess is between 3,000 to 5,000 over MSRP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
PAS22 said:
We should start a poll and see what everyone thinks the price will be by summer. My guess is between 3,000 to 5,000 over MSRP.
Of course, I’m sure some dealers will sell it at MSRP, but gouge by add-ons.

$599 “paint protection”
$299 “leather/interior protection”
$499 undercoating
$4,999 “special” wheel package
$999 extended warranty

There are many ways to pad the price and still "sell" at MSRP.
Then the salesman will say there is nothing they can do about it because "it is already on the car and we can't remove it".

Ever heard that one before?? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
GTOJ said:
Remember guys that everyone that I am selling is for MSRP and not a penny over!!! No price gouging at Sewell.
And since you are supporting dealer we don't even have to edit your post. :lol: Agree with the moron thing but its not the dealers who are the biggest jack***es in those deals.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Agree with the bloggers sentiment but the facts are a little over blown:
Dealers have just been allowed to order the first 1000 2006 Pontiac Solstices and Ebay is lighting up(??) with bids for the pleasure to own one. So far there's been 5 bids and it's only up to $500 Dealers (Only two) are auctioning off the “rights” to stand in line for one of the first of the two-seat convertibles and for your troubles, you get a dash plaque commemorating you paid too much for this car. Keep in mind, this money does not go towards the price of the car, just to get one. You wonder why dealers get a bad rap. We wish there was something that manufacturers could do to stop the gouging. Remember the 2004 GTO?
But one of these pair of sharks (the one from Buffalo) does say, "These vehicles are going to be extremely limited and will most likely sell for $5,000 - $7000 over MSRP." And I thought things were bad down here!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I hope he checks into the low lifes down here who want 3k extra for market adjustment, plus 2k down and can guarantee your spot :brentil:

Ill glad forward my email from them with their company header on it. I have it saved just need to find out where to forward it

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
GTOJ said:
Remember guys that everyone that I am selling is for MSRP and not a penny over!!! No price gouging at Sewell.
Jason,

Why don't you put your contact information in your signature? I think you should.

Also, related to this thread, how long is your order list, how many allocations do you think you have for '06 solstices, and briefly describe how you would handle an "out of state" purchase...

Thanks,

SM

·
Registered
163 Posts
I sent the dealer a question thru ebay questions.

I asked:
Why should I pay anything over MSRP?

Reply:
You don't have to bid higher than MSRP if you don't want to. WE will be selling Solstices this summer for less.

·
Registered
67 Posts
GTOJ said:
and that's why i'll be buying mine from you at sewell. i looked up your location and you are right near my work.

·
Registered
189 Posts
PAS22 said:
:cryin: Dont say such things Ive got to wait till after summer, I dont want to be screwed! :cryin:

·
Registered
46 Posts
GTOJ said:
GM needs to clone you and put you in every Pontiac dealer nationwide.

I guess I could go down to Texas to buy my Solstice. There are some decent backroads between Irving and Chicago. Not sure if I would want to drive with the top down much in Texas in June, however. Maybe I could plan my trip so I leave there in the evening.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts