Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Solstice Production This Week

397 Solstice's were produced this week, ending Oct. 15th. (source: Automotive News). Fortunately, the two Solstice's that I ordered were part of this weeks production. They were built on Oct.11th (vin# 2973) and Oct 13th (vin# 3173). By the way, Vin# 3173 will be sold for just $500 over MSRP. That's a Deal! Hopefully someone on the forum is interested. I have not listed the car elsewhere. It's "Cool" (polished wheels, steel sand leather) with everything except monsoon, smokers package & 6 disc. If interested, let me know. :)

·
Registered
976 Posts
ntouched said:
397 Solstice's were produced this week, ending Oct. 15th. (source: Automotive News). Fortunately, the two Solstice's that I ordered were part of this weeks production. They were built on Oct.11th (vin# 2973) and Oct 13th (vin# 3173). By the way, Vin# 3173 will be sold for just $500 over MSRP. That's a Deat! Hopefully someone on the forum is interested. I have not listed the car elsewhere. It's "Cool" (polished wheels) with everything except monsoon, smokers package & 6 disc. If interested, let me know. :)

Do I get a cut, then?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'm right on this one.......

cadillacricket said:
Somehow I knew that is what would happen to your two cars. I thought you said that they were for the family? If I had known you were planning on skating them for a profit, I wouldn't have checked your orders......
Cricket, give me a break! I live in Southern California. I'm a Regional Sales Manager for a very large publication here in Southern California. If I wanted to make a huge profit, I could sell the car for $3000 over MSRP. My wife decided she wasn't interested in the Solstice anymore after the long wait (I'm definitely keeping mine!) So why shouldn't I offer it to a forum member for just $500 over MSRP? If this doesn't seem fair, I'd like to hear from the Forum Members. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your updates and what you do for this forum. $500 over MSRP is my fair offer back to the forum. Oh, in case you didn't know, I offered the car to the forum member in Iraq at MSRP! He decided not to buy and bought a Mustang. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the highest Vin# ?......

Anyone with a higher Vin# than 3173, which was produced on 10-13-2005. Almost at the halfway point for the 7000 or so cars to be produced by December 2005. 11 weeks left in the year. :(

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
ntouched said:
Cricket, give me a break! I live in Southern California. I'm a Regional Sales Manager for a very large publication here in Southern California. If I wanted to make a huge profit, I could sell the car for $3000 over MSRP. My wife decided she wasn't interested in the Solstice anymore after the long wait (I'm definitely keeping mine!) So why shouldn't I offer it to a forum member for just $500 over MSRP? If this doesn't seem fair, I'd like to hear from the Forum Members. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your updates and what you do for this forum. $500 over MSRP is my fair offer back to the forum. Oh, in case you didn't know, I offered the car to the forum member in Iraq at MSRP! He decided not to buy and bought a Mustang. :yesnod:
Well, we rag on Dealers who want to sell over MSRP........

On the other hand if you have to tag/title/pay property taxes on it before you can sell it, you will be losing money

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ntouched said:
397 Solstice's were produced this week, ending Oct. 15th. (source: Automotive News). Fortunately, the two Solstice's that I ordered were part of this weeks production. They were built on Oct.11th (vin# 2973) and Oct 13th (vin# 3173). By the way, Vin# 3173 will be sold for just $500 over MSRP. That's a Deal! Hopefully someone on the forum is interested. I have not listed the car elsewhere. It's "Cool" (polished wheels, steel sand leather) with everything except monsoon, smokers package & 6 disc. If interested, let me know. :)
They worked a double shift last week on Sat. 9 1/2 hours per shift.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
ntouched said:
I agree with Cricket ! Bothering him to keep checking and checking but your selling it. Don't you think he has better things to do. Whats his cut.

·
Registered
8,667 Posts
Critterman made a good point, ntouched. I presume for $500 you would sell the right to purchase the car at MSRP, not actually take delivery, pay sales tax etc, then sell it.

For some reason, ntouched, I had you down as waiting on delivery of VIN 101293. Is that a mistake?

·
Registered
976 Posts
ntouched said:

I apologize. Hope you make a fortune. Stick em for all they are worth, after all, it's apparently the american way.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Critterman said:
Well, we rag on Dealers who want to sell over MSRP........

On the other hand if you have to tag/title/pay property taxes on it before you can sell it, you will be losing money

Just out of curiousity, what do TTL have to do with the selling price. Why should the next buyer have to pay your taxes? Or consider your licensing fees?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Just out of curiousity, what do TTL have to do with the selling price. Why should the next buyer have to pay your taxes? Or consider your licensing fees?

They don't really, but if he did have to pay ttl to take delivery, $500 ain't gona cover his cost.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Solstice.......

deluke said:
I agree with Cricket ! Bothering him to keep checking and checking but your selling it. Don't you think he has better things to do. Whats his cut.
Don't think I was bothering Cricket. I think I emailed Cricket 5 times. I also offered the car to our fellow American in Iraq at MSRP. Even stated I would drive the car to the transporter and help set up shipping all at no cost. Again, he passed on the deal to get a Mustang. If anyone thinks I'm going to get rich requesting $500 over sticker, you may want to think again. Takes my dealer about 30 seconds to give me a weekly update with the VOMS #. I do thank Cricket and the dealers that take the time to give service to customers and potential customers. It's a part of doing business. You don't make money on every customer. :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
ntouched said:
Don't think I was bothering Cricket. I think I emailed Cricket 5 times. I also offered the car to our fellow American in Iraq at MSRP. Even stated I would drive the car to the transporter and help set up shipping all at no cost. Again, he passed on the deal to get a Mustang. If anyone thinks I'm going to get rich requesting $500 over sticker, you may want to think again. Takes my dealer about 30 seconds to give me a weekly update with the VOMS #. I do thank Cricket and the dealers that take the time to give service to customers and potential customers. It's a part of doing business. You don't make money on every customer. :yesnod:
I just bought a 2006 Vibe for 200 over invoice and they were glad to get my business. Aren’t they making a good profit on any car that they sell at msrp anyway?
Cricket I like your style.
:)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I'm actually surprised you would go through the hastle to make $500. I would tell the dealer I only wanted one. He can go down his list and sell it to the next guy in line. To me $500 isn't worth the work and effort to resell a car. my opinion, of course!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts