Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
444 of our little friends (the Solstice) were produced this week (source: Automotive News). Do you know where your car is? Got Solstice? :lol:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I know mine was built on Monday, #3247 and supposedly it's "In-transit" now according to my dealer today.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another Sol.......

Adrenaline said:
I know mine was built on Monday, #3247 and supposedly it's "In-transit" now according to my dealer today.
Congrats, Party Time is Here Again!.......
:party: :party:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Adrenaline said:
The weekly numbers and the monthly numbers do not add up at the moment (by about 200). What I have been doing is correcting the graph using the monthly totals once that number becomes available.

The year to date number of 4658 in Automotive News includes the 700 or so preproduction models (we do not know the actually starting number, thanks Pontiac for the added uncertainty) plus the first 1000 in their own Vin sequence. So your VIN 3247 is the 2547th first allocation car and the 3547th production Solstice, assuming the regular productions cars start at 100700.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Adrenaline said:
Adrenaline, I placed my order three days after yours, but I am now almost two months behind you having gone 2500 only on Oct. 5th.

Interesting way of doing business. Pontiac really needs to work on a fairer way to do product launches. If my car had followed your sequence of events I would be eagerly awaiting its arrival and praying for the snow to hold off as long as possible. Instead I am driving something else and cancelling my order.

If someone else wants my spreadsheet PM me and I will email it to you. I was only doing this to guestimate when my car would be built. No longer care when that will be. :(

·
Registered
905 Posts
That sucks man! I actually sort of got lucky, the #1 guy at the dealership I ordered from is only at 2030. I feel bad for him, if our places were reversed I'd be highly irritated.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Adrenaline said:
If it was in transit or shipped you would have it by now, yours only goes by truck.

·
Registered
905 Posts
deluke said:
If it was in transit or shipped you would have it by now, yours only goes by truck.
I'm awaiting a response from CC as to whether or not it has been shipped.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Moving this up to head of queue, since people are posting to the week of Oct 15th production.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I'm awaiting a response from CC as to whether or not it has been shipped.
He ( CC)doesnt know if it's been shipped he can only tell you code 4200 shipped, but that doesn't mean it is actually on it's way. See thread tracking for more info. My car said shipped 9/19, 6 hour drive from Willmington to Ct. It left Willmington 10/6 at night ( not 9/19 like they said), got to Ct. 10/6 in the morning. Yet it said shipped 9/19. I hope you understand how the process is going, thats why people are getting upset. They didn't even know my car was on hold back in Sept. untill I told them. I got the info from the trucking company.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I guess I'll call my dealer tomorrow and find out if they've got any info from the trucking company. I was under the impression that there was some way to know if it actually left Deleware.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I guess I'll call my dealer tomorrow and find out if they've got any info from the trucking company. I was under the impression that there was some way to know if it actually left Deleware.

Have him call Allied Automotive, They are the ones doing the trucking in MD. 1-866-527-4285. If he won't do it you can try, they will need the last 8 digets of the vin. I know they told me they wanted dealers to set up tracking on line, then they can check it every day.

Web is : www.aag1.com

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'll give them a call in the morning and if they won't give me it I'll have my dealer do it. I guess it's the same trucking company for VA? (I ordered the car in VA)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I'll give them a call in the morning and if they won't give me it I'll have my dealer do it. I guess it's the same trucking company for VA? (I ordered the car in VA)
Any luck contacting the trucking company?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Yeah I called the local number you provided and he gave me a number to the Delaware office. I talked to the manager there and he checked my status. It still hadn't left the plant.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Adrenaline said:
No A/C....why is that here in the northern va sweat box during the summer!!?!?...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
Any luck contacting the trucking company?
I had my dealer call the trucking company this morning. They still don't have my VIN in their system, even though I was produced three weeks ago.

I can only assume that my car is definitely on hold at the plant.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts