Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mt. Pleasant, D.C.: My wife and I have a very sensible Volvo station wagon. We get about 30 mpg on the highway, can haul the dog and any other stuff around with ease, can get friends/family to go with us in the same car. In short, it's wonderfully practical.

We NEED some impracticality in our life. We're thinking about finding a convertible for some weekend fun. We'd like to keep it to the low $20K and used would be fine.

Thoughts?

Warren Brown: Yes, three thoughts:

. 2006 Mazda MX-5

. 2006 Pontiac Solstice

. 2006/2007 Saturn Sky

Either one of those ought to start a roaring rekindling of the flame that melded you two together in the first place.
From an editorial in The Washington Post

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I beat them to it.

Have metallic green Volvo V70, Thule racks with bicycle carriers, Yakama ski box. Second set of rims with Blizzak winter tires. Totally practical transportation.

Enter Solstice, no roof, no trunk, can't take it with you so why bother. Totally fun transportation.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Have Volvo S80. Great for long sales type trips. Can't wait to get my SOL, so the wife and I can have some fun meeting other SOL crazies :willy: and of course all the people stairing at this great looking machine.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
I beat them to it.

Have metallic green Volvo V70, Thule racks with bicycle carriers, Yakama ski box. Second set of rims with Blizzak winter tires. Totally practical transportation.

Enter Solstice, no roof, no trunk, can't take it with you so why bother. Totally fun transportation.
but do you have a soccer ball sticker on the back? :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Volvo 240DL was my first car so I've got a soft spot for Volvos. If I could afford it I'd own a S60-R as my other car, but right now the $38k price is defintely out of my range for a 2nd car on top of my Solstice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Solstice's got me thinkin' totally impractically!

Keeping my 1995 Jimmy 4X4 (132,000 miles) with yakima bike, ski, and kayak rack - buying Solstice - THEN replacing the Jimmy WAY later...I hope it lasts!! :crazy:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a 1998 Dodge Intrepid, which I'll be keeping to let my youngest son drive. My wife has a 1998 Monte Carlo which our oldest son now drives. She just got a 2005 Buick Terazza mini-van. The Solstice is my fun little car to get back and forth to work in. Once I've paid off either the Terazza or the Solstice I'll probably buy something a little more practical for myself, or maybe I'll buy the youngest a used car and repo my Intrepid.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Marco said:
but do you have a soccer ball sticker on the back? :lol:
No, water polo. :lol:

Actually I'm kidding, but that would be the appropriate one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts