Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just watching "Autorotica - World's Greatest Auto Shows: Miami" on the Tivo and looking for any peek of the Solstice, when it got to the end where the hosts discuss 'winners and losers' of the show. Lo and behold, the first guy to speak is the automotive editor of the Orlando Sentinel, and he says the following: (typing exactly word for word)

"well the winner I've got is here, but it's been at other auto shows, but it's getting closer and closer and that's the Pontiac Solstice. It's a neat looking little sports car, it's gonna have a 4 cylinder engine, it's kindof ... yaknow.. the Mazda Miata has been here since 1990, there's never really been a car that's come close to it in terms of sales, in terms of price, in terms of fun to drive. The Solstice might."

He then went on to rag on the 30th anniversary edition Grand Marquis. "Did anyone really wait a year to get their hands on a 30th anniversary edition?"

Then the blond bimbo, (no, I'm not a femophobe) picked the Lincoln pickup as her winner, and the Lotus Elise as her loser. "I don't want to have to hop in my car, I don't want to have to use a screwdriver to take the top off, the inside was real cheesy, and I don't even care if it's fun to drive, cause I'm looking at that dashboard going, echhh..." The two guys looked at her like she was an alien, then tried to talk some sense into her, then pointed out that there was a long waiting list to get one, only to hear her say, "I bet they're all men.."

:banghead

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
LOL, the woman hated the Lotus Elise! She totally does not get it. “and I don't even care if it's fun to drive, cause I'm looking at that dashboard going, echhh..." HAHAHA. Yeah, who would want to have as much FUN as possible in an automobile at the expense of putting up with a dashboard that wasn’t covered in leather and natural wood with shiny chrome rings around expensive watch-like guages. Oh the horror that is the Lotus Elise! LOL! :glol :glol :lol

The Solstice comments don’t surprise me. That car is a hit with people all over the place. There are some people who don’t like it’s appearance, but they seem to be a small minority. It seems to be a polarizing design where a majority of people really likes it, with a few really disliking it. Much like the Chrysler 300.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Actually most women don't like the Elise for a reason they usually wont say. It's 100% impossible for a woman wearing a skirt to get in an Elise without flashing the world. The entry/exit is so low and tight, you have to kick your legs out spread pretty much. Also one fo the longest people on the US wait list happened to be a woman too. She was a Miata driver previously.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts