Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a quick chat with my salesman today.... he mentioned that some of the trucks to be used transporting solstices were unsuitable because of the low ground clearance of the solstice... they couldn't be loaded without the undercarriage scraping. just passing it along-still waiting at 3800

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Factory pick-ups would fix that problem :thumbs:

·
Registered
224 Posts
talked to my salesman today and he said that they are delivering them on "solstice only" carriers. meaning they won't be putting any other GM cars on the trucks with them. further, he said the only other car they do this with is the corvette. he said he has seen them deliver ONE vette to them straight from bowling green with no other stops in between. GM doesn't like to do it that way, but the car can only sit at the factory so long before they have to ship it.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
OBXSOL said:
talked to my salesman today and he said that they are delivering them on "solstice only" carriers. meaning they won't be putting any other GM cars on the trucks with them. further, he said the only other car they do this with is the corvette. he said he has seen them deliver ONE vette to them straight from bowling green with no other stops in between. GM doesn't like to do it that way, but the car can only sit at the factory so long before they have to ship it.
I saw a solstice on a car carrier going down I-85 at the SC VA border last fri...top rack in the front behind the tractor...it was the only solstice on the carrier..otherwise full with other pontiacs.......so dont know if this is necessarily the case or not....but couldnt tell if it was a production car either..but wouldnt think that would make a difference..

·
Registered
224 Posts
just being facetious here, but i didn't know SC and VA bordered each other...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts