Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from my dealer and Pontiac is having a ride and drive for dealers tomorrow with the Solstice at the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh. He said I probably would not be able to drive it but I am definitly invited to come and look at them. Who knows maybe one of the GM employees can take me for a spin ;) . Anyways I plan on taking a camera but who knows whether or not they will allow me to take any pics. I'll keep you posted. Any specific Pics you want me to try and take or to look for when I see it tomrorow?

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Wheels. Painted or polished. I just want to see what each one looks like on the car.

Eventually, I'll get chrome, but if I don't have the option, I need to decide between the other 2.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics

OK I'll see what I can do. Apparently they have a little obstacle course set up where there dealers can really get a feel for the car. I'll let you know my impressions but my dealer said it rides and shifts awesome. Also said the front end looks really good and that it was put together very well for it jsut being a pre production. He also gave me the good news that my order was picked up.

Unfortunately he gave me some run around about how prices might change and would not committ to any actual price yet. But I do have a signed document with both of our signatures as well as an MSRP of $25,000. Beings that I work for a law firm if he tries to give me a hard time about it I will explain that we both agreed to this price and signed and tell him I will consult one of the attorneys at the firm if he is trying to breach the contract.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I just thought of something else: can you try to get a picture of the back, but straight on? I'd like to Photochop it.

I saw a picture with the standard exhaust on one side of the car. I'm thinking that another exhaust on the opposite side would look better, even if it isn't functional. It would just make it look more symmetrical if the right and left sides are mirrors of each other. Also, possibly trying to move it to the middle would be interesting.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
blue_q said:
I just thought of something else: can you try to get a picture of the back, but straight on? I'd like to Photochop it.

I saw a picture with the standard exhaust on one side of the car. I'm thinking that another exhaust on the opposite side would look better, even if it isn't functional. It would just make it look more symmetrical if the right and left sides are mirrors of each other. Also, possibly trying to move it to the middle would be interesting.
didn't we see dual exhaust on the FI or SC versions just recently?

yep, found it:

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17690

found it in this thread:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3054&highlight=dual+exhaust

p.s. didn't an early concept have a center mounted exhaust?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
For your iPod

stang said:
Third Cupholder. It's one of the few mysteries left on the car. :)
It's obviously for your iPod while tripping without a passenger. :cool:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
I'm dreaming of a pic of black with 2 tone interior.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,053 Posts
blue_q said:
I just thought of something else: can you try to get a picture of the back, but straight on? I'd like to Photochop it.

I saw a picture with the standard exhaust on one side of the car. I'm thinking that another exhaust on the opposite side would look better, even if it isn't functional. It would just make it look more symmetrical if the right and left sides are mirrors of each other. Also, possibly trying to move it to the middle would be interesting.
Just for you Blue_Q. Here's a mockup I made. All sports cars should have duel exhaust. :cool:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
stang said:
Third Cupholder. It's one of the few mysteries left on the car. :)
Here's a little tid-bit that I remember one of the interior engineers for the Solstice telling me. He said the delay on the 3rd cup holder was because they were deciding on the best material to use for the mechanism that makes it pop out like it does. The material had to be strong and work in both really hot and really cold weather. I think he said they were leaning toward magnesium.. .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
stang said:
Just for you Blue_Q. Here's a mockup I made. All sports cars should have duel exhaust. :cool:
Awesome Stang! That's better than I could have done. Thank you. It's even green to boot. :) That's my color.

Yep. I think I need to put on the dualies. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
it'll be available from GM eventually.





RODEO said:
p.s. didn't an early concept have a center mounted exhaust?
yep, you can kinda see it in my GT4 pic:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
tjewey said:
Maybe this is the third cup holder that pops out of the side!!!!
Long rectangle on side.
Yeah, that's the location. But word has been that this cupholder has not been functional in the pre-production cars that people have been posting about. So no one has seen how it operates, or could comment on it's sturdiness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just returned from the drive and ride and all I can say is WOW :crazy: . To those who have never seen this car in person be prepared for your jaw to hit the ground in a hurry. I have not seen one picture that gives this thing justice. These were pre production cars and the engineer made sure to point out that all of the fitting problems had been fixed for the first 1000, which I had him confirm that production started today. He said they should be shipped by the end of the month but who knows. On the road course they had 2 Solstices , an S2000, and a Miata. Dare I say the Sosltice blew them all away. The only car able to lay tire on the straight away was the Solstice and many of the dealers commented on how much room their was inside as compared to the S2000 and the Miata. Also many commented on the fact that the other cars were not worth the extra money as compared to the Solstice. Unfortunately sicne I was simply a consumer I was not able to drive or ride in one :brentil: . I did see all I needed to see however to justify purchasing one without a test drive or even seeing one in person. This car is simply breath taking. Unfortunately I was not allowed to take pictures since the cars were being driven with people in them and I had to stand away from the course, but the engines sound great and the shifting seemed very smooth.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Thanks for the update mysterio98, sounds like a blast!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Dealer Marketing Event

I just spoke with my Internet Sales manager from Mike Shaw Pontiac in Colorado Springs. I have been playing with him adding diferent options every month. Today I was checking about the CD Changer option add.

He stated that there will be a Dealer Marketing Event in Denver. I'm waiting to get more detail from him before the day is out. It is confirmed that consumers are allowed to attend the event, just not drive. :(

S.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,452 Posts
mysterio98 said:
Just returned from the drive and ride and all I can say is WOW :crazy: . To those who have never seen this car in person be prepared for your jaw to hit the ground in a hurry. I have not seen one picture that gives this thing justice. These were pre production cars and the engineer made sure to point out that all of the fitting problems had been fixed for the first 1000, which I had him confirm that production started today. He said they should be shipped by the end of the month but who knows. On the road course they had 2 Solstices , an S2000, and a Miata. Dare I say the Sosltice blew them all away. The only car able to lay tire on the straight away was the Solstice and many of the dealers commented on how much room their was inside as compared to the S2000 and the Miata. Also many commented on the fact that the other cars were not worth the extra money as compared to the Solstice. Unfortunately sicne I was simply a consumer I was not able to drive or ride in one :brentil: . I did see all I needed to see however to justify purchasing one without a test drive or even seeing one in person. This car is simply breath taking. Unfortunately I was not allowed to take pictures since the cars were being driven with people in them and I had to stand away from the course, but the engines sound great and the shifting seemed very smooth.
Wow! Your so lucky!

So the SOL blew away the competition? Did you get to see the 3rd cupholder?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
69 Posts
mysterio98 said:
Just returned from the drive and ride and all I can say is WOW :crazy: . To those who have never seen this car in person be prepared for your jaw to hit the ground in a hurry. I have not seen one picture that gives this thing justice. These were pre production cars and the engineer made sure to point out that all of the fitting problems had been fixed for the first 1000, which I had him confirm that production started today. He said they should be shipped by the end of the month but who knows. On the road course they had 2 Solstices , an S2000, and a Miata. Dare I say the Sosltice blew them all away. The only car able to lay tire on the straight away was the Solstice and many of the dealers commented on how much room their was inside as compared to the S2000 and the Miata. Also many commented on the fact that the other cars were not worth the extra money as compared to the Solstice. Unfortunately sicne I was simply a consumer I was not able to drive or ride in one :brentil: . I did see all I needed to see however to justify purchasing one without a test drive or even seeing one in person. This car is simply breath taking. Unfortunately I was not allowed to take pictures since the cars were being driven with people in them and I had to stand away from the course, but the engines sound great and the shifting seemed very smooth.
Thats great man...however i dont want to argue, but i have a hard time seeing how it stood up to an S2k, i mean, those things will out accelerate, and i know they will out handle it. maybe their was a crappy driver and he wasnt revving it up. i mean, im selling my S2000 for a Sol/Sky, but not for performance...if i wanted that out of a roadster i would keep my S2000
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top