• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Whatever comes out first...I dont care I just need one! :willy:

·
5,600 Posts
The coupe is great but this car was MADE TO BE a roadster. I would like one of each (one NA and one turbo), but the roadster is the real deal. That is the classic that people will restore and trailer to car shows 50 years from now.

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
The convertible with a removable hard top, that is the ticket.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Stick a sunroof in that coupe (or better, a panorama roof). It is just more practicle for this climate! Don't get me wrong, I love the roadster (and think it actually looks a little better) and won't mind having one, but if I had a choice I'd probably take a GXP coupe myself. :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Well I'm in the market for a 'vert first and foremost. The coupe version is nice and would have been my pick a couple of years ago, but not now. Also on that coupe concept I don't like the rear quarter glass or hatch treatment.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Wailing Phoenix said:
Since it's already seconded . . . . . . :agree:
I third that...and a coupe for me too!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I may have said Coupe last week.

But now that I've got mine and have driven it.... I would definitaly have to say ROADSTER!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone considered a Targa or T-top? Would be really cool to be able to remove the trunk lid and replace it with a T-top that latched where the convertible top does. Seems possible since the frame is supposed to be pretty ridgid; don't need to worry about structure problems.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have a roadster coming but my wife is waiting for the coupe.
So in our case it will be one of each.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I shoulda put a "both" option, so's the coupe wouldn't have taken such a pounding! It's obviously a roadster-oriented forum, which isn't surprising given that the Solstice *IS* a roadster.

I'm holding out for a lighter-weight (it BETTER be, anyway), stiffer, more-utilitarian coupe. I absolutely LOVE the looks of both, but I don't *have* to have a convertible (though two of my most recent cars have been), and I will be taking it to the track, so the coupe makes a lot more sense to me.

I've been waiting for the second-coming of the 240Z for a long time now. Hopefully next year will bring it in a Solstice Coupe!

·
Registered
126 Posts
stunty3 said:
Has anyone considered a Targa or T-top? Would be really cool to be able to remove the trunk lid and replace it with a T-top that latched where the convertible top does. Seems possible since the frame is supposed to be pretty ridgid; don't need to worry about structure problems.
I've driven a Honda Del Sol --- fun, but the removable roof did not cut it for that "open air" feel! :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
concreteguy said:
...fun, but the removable roof did not cut it for that "open air" feel! :D
But it is an alternative to a Roadster. I will never own another hardtop without a moon-roof. It's nice to have the open air above you, even with a hardtop. Roadster and coupe, maybe somewhere inbetween. Targas were very popular on the older Vetts. Solstice looks a lot like them, IMO.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I dont understand how a car as beautiful as the Solstice can get so ugly so fast but that coupe is just hideous!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts