Registered
7,103 Posts
Interesting, but I wouldn't buy it. :cool:

·
5,641 Posts

·
5,600 Posts
Look ma! it's a Solstice Z3 Coupe.

Nice thinking as this would add tons of storage and be the coupe that many are asking for. Unfortuntely, that top destroys the look of the car as it runs completely against the thematic curves and looks abominable as a result.

Good attempt. Bad execution. Would hold a ton of stuff back there, though.

·
5,600 Posts
dealernut said:
ummmm.... how would you get in the back?
The back window opens to allow access to the trunk. While this is a heavy handed solution, it really would make the Solstice a much more practical car. In fact, replacing the ragtop and rear deck with this removable hardtop would turn the Solstice into a very practical daily driver and one-owner car for those who don't like convertibles. Of course, those removable hard tops are a lot louder than a steel top with insulation and sound deadening.

·
Administrator
9,154 Posts
jimbo said:
Nice thinking as this would add tons of storage and be the coupe that many are asking for. Unfortuntely, that top destroys the look of the car as it runs completely against the thematic curves and looks abominable as a result.
:agree:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
jimbo said:
Look ma! it's a Solstice Z3 Coupe.
I was thinking the same thing!!! :)

Unfortuntely, that top destroys the look of the car as it runs completely against the thematic curves and looks abominable as a result.

Good attempt. Bad execution.
I don't know, I think it looks a heck of a lot better than the afore mentioned Z3 Coupe. Now that thing was STEEEEE-RAAAAANGE. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I don't like the wagon look :nonod:

But, a sleeker-looking hatchback, along the same lines is exactly what I am looking for - something that you would swap with the clamshell maybe a couple of times a year (the past few weeks have taught me how utterly hopeless the weather is here in Michigan :banghead: ).

I think this has potential

·
1,492 Posts
No Way!

I've thought about removable hard top. Like the SEMA best ,next the coupe look per this site, not the stationwagon. Maybe on a Miata.:lol:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
http://www2.naias.com

Okay, if this link works, go to "exhibitions," then "NAIAS 2006 Preview," and look at the car in the upper right. Yep, BMW is trying it again, this time with a Z4. YUCK!!!!!!! This Safari Solstice looks better than that!!!

And check out the rendering of the Eclipse Spyder. Looks kind of cool. The coupe has something like 260 hp I think, so this spyder version might be pretty cool.

Jag looks good too!!! :yesnod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
If GM won't build the Nomad, apparently the aftermarket will build your Solstice into one! :lol:

At least it has a lot of trunk space! :glol:

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Why would you want that. If you want a roadster buy a Solstice, if you want a wagon, create a whole new car and not force a design that clearly does not work on the Sol.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
IgotSol said:
Why would you want that. If you want a roadster buy a Solstice, if you want a wagon, create a whole new car and not force a design that clearly does not work on the Sol.
I thought the Solstice and the Nomad were both conceived to be built on Kappa?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Solstice Kammaback

sprechen Sie Deutsches?

http://translate.google.com/translate_t said:
The automobile supplier Edag presents two new vehicle studies on Detroit car Show, a Pontiac Solstice with combination roof and a luxury UV. For the Pontiac Solstice, which ex factory with a material stoffverdeck supplied that in the folded back condition under the trunk flap disappears, it has Edag engineers a special Hardtop including a new trunk lid sketched, which does not only offer a firm roof over the head to the driver, but for the vehicle a completely new optical appearance provides, which leans against the Pontiac Safari station Wagon from and the 60 it 50's. Thus an elegant variant of a sport combination becomes from the roadster. Luxury UV as Showcar as the second Showcar presents the enterprise the SUV 2005, a concept from the Roadsterfuer a extravagantes, extroverted and hochpreisiges Life Style Sportfahrzeug of the luxury class. Beit set up muscles over the wheel housings, paired with the roof line and wedge-shaped, substantial set down sidesmolder-learn to set the SUV optically dynamically in scene. Daily know which runs here gibt's the free new type character approximately around car, engine and sport.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts