Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All body and mechanical and interior parts
Email me for availability and price

Nice interior and engine parts - computers - body panels and complete tops (pick up only)
Several sets of Chrome and polished wheels with good tires.
2.4 & 2L motors 120k+ for rebuild/parts - turbo's, auto trans, standards, differentials , suspension parts.
Have a new GM complete LNF 2.0L head with cams and lifters. $400

[email protected] yahoo com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am looking for the lower bracket #27on diagram GM Part #25817337 for 2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Convertible.

Please call me at 205-567-3761. Thank you! Camilla

·
Registered
2 Posts
Center console cover spoken for (elbow rest)?
How about the convertible top? Don't need the hardware - just the cloth.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Would the front GXP bumper cover happen to be in a Mean Yellow?
OUCH.

Track day debacle?

My brother slammed a brand new 'Vette into a wall, backwards, around 2001. Not fun.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Considering OP has 2 posts to date, y'all are probably better off PM'ing or emailing.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
OUCH.

Track day debacle?

My brother slammed a brand new 'Vette into a wall, backwards, around 2001. Not fun.
No, not from my track day.
Your gonna love this.....A wild boar ran into my Sol on the way to the track.
Driving down this back country road, pitch black, 10 minutes from the track and this boar came from the left and ran into my left bumper right below the headlight. It's ass end swung around and hit the back side of the front wheel well, craped all in the wheel well and all down the drivers side of the car. luckily the boar wasn't a second faster and hit the center of the bumper, would have deployed the airbags could have ended on my windshield could of went under the car....it could have been so much worse! we were lucky me and my passenger didn't get hurt. The bumper cover broke, lost my fog lamp grill. bent some of the metal brackets behind the bumper but that was it, again I was lucky no real damage to the car. Bent the fender back out, taped the loose parts together and had a great first day on the track!

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
I was working on the blue car at my parents' place in REALLY rural OK a few years ago, and a pack of boar ran between the house and the shop. Probably 15 of them.

They were not small animals.

And, thankfully, not at all interested in a silly human hanging from the driveshaft and kicking the differential.

Glad you didn't get hurt, and that you did the right thing. (That is: continuing on to the track and driving the damn thing.)

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
After it happened I was most upset thinking they were not going to let me on the track. I had paid the fees and spent months getting everything ready, 10 minutes from the track and though my day was going to be shoot.
Hey btw thanks for all the advise it all came in handy I was way over prepared and had no idea it was going to be such a busy full crazy day! And also a blast......loved flying around those corners as fast as I did!

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Like many things in life, it is:

1. Awesome the first time
2. ... and yet disappointing
3. So much better after that
4. And REALLY great once you figure out what you're supposed to be doing.

It's a good track car; just have to hang in there and fix the issue between the steering wheel and the seat. Which doesn't make you any different than any other new driver.

Cars like the Corvette, Porsches and even the Miata are easy to drive fast. The Solstice takes some work, but you'll get there.

I'd still call a track day the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

If your events don't require instructors, request one. If they're not easily identifiable, pick a guy that has some experience - they're usually easy to find - and ask him to ride with you. It helps, a LOT.

/threadhijack

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Sorry about hijacking this thread. Will the administrator break it up?

I am absolutely looking forward to doing a track event again. Next time I will have a much better idea of what the day is going to be like and hopefully be better mentally prepared. I know I can push the car a little harder. Why does the solstice take a little more work than the other cars?
Agreed an instructor in the car is a must for beginners. I would have been a so much more of a mess on that track if I were solo.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi! I am looking for the console handle in unsplit condition, which can apparently be easily removed by removing the small concave plate below it and unscrewing two 7mm screws from the metal brace.

·
Super Moderator
6,426 Posts
Has anyone received a response from DFWBert? The last time he was on the forum was when he made the original post in this thread.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
I did, yesterday.

Email him. I don't think he visits the forum often. He responds to email.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry for those who tried to reach me in the forum

please use the email contact in the post

I've helped out a dozen folks so far with bits and pieces.

I've owned 7 Solstices - currently have four including a 09 Coupe and 06 ZOK Club Sport competition car

Great cars well designed and built

Bert

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Thank you Bert - all my parts have arrived as advertised and with quick shipping. To the forum - just send him an e-mail, if he's got it, he'll send it - at a fair price!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts