Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning Solstice Forum members oregon solstice here.Apparently there has been a sighting of our beautiful roadster here in Oregon again. Pontiac had mentioned they might come back in early September. I am going to check it out this evening or Tuesday evening. It is raining here in Oregon so it may be better to go see them tomorrow when the sun comes back. Of course I will ask where each and every one of our cars is!! Talk to ya soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Since I'm not in Portland, do you know where they will be? At the Avalon again??? Would like to go see them AGAIN!! Thanks....

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Last time was magazines, this time is probably newspapers and web reviewers (short-lead pubs).

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
mceb said:
Who are those people?
That is just a pre-production car, if you look closely, the GM badge is on the door, it also looks like a Michigan plate on the car.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
oregon solstice said:
Hey mceb that is oregon solstice and Mrs. oregon solstice and on our left is SunSports!!
Ahhh thanks.

·
Registered
472 Posts
15 minutes............

mceb said:
Who are those people?

Yea, and we got to drive one, too!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SunSports said:
Yea, and we got to drive one, too!
Nice, get over there again and give us the scoop on what's going on in round 2 :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Believe it or not-Solstice's back in Oregon

Just returned from viewing the many Solstice cars here in Oregon. There were four or five out that they were cleaning and getting ready for the press rides on Tuesday. Apparently they were shooting some kind of video today between the raindrops. Did not take many photos since it is kind of fun to see everyones own shots as they get their cars. I did get to speak to Jim Hopson who is the Communication Manager for the Pontiac division. He was very accomadating and said it would'nt be long now. I also met the lead car reviewer for the Chicago Tribune. He had just got to town and seemed to love the car. He asked me a few questions about the car and why we were attracted to it. He knew about the price of the car and that I was a first 1000 customer and asked a pointed question. "What was I going to do if when I went to pick up the car they tried to charge more for it". I just stated that I hoped it would'nt happen and that it would look terrible for Pontiac to see a crying family out front of the dealership every day!! I talked to Jim and he thinks the Tribune review should come out within the next week or so. Alright that's it for now. Talk to every one soon. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Went to tke another look at the Solstices in Portland. Finally saw Deep. Looks black in the shade, but blue in the sunlight. (No cool) Spoke to several Pontiac people, and they are the nicest people that you could talk to. Very accommodating and more than willing to show off their pride and joy! They asked me if I had ordered one, and I told them that I am a 1k, but stilll waiting for my VIN. I asked them if all 1000 would be produced by the end of this week, and two of them said no. (I like GMlinedog's assessment better!) I also talked to an engineer. I didn't get his name...I wish I had. He was so nice too! He asked me if I would like to take one for a drive....I could hardly believe it! Of course, I said yes. He wasn't familiar with the area, so told me I could drive wherever I wantd as long as I could get us back to the hotel! The driving is so much different than I expected. Since I now drive a Tahoe (!) I wasn't sure how I would feel in such a small car. But because of the way it is built, I didn't feel like I was in a little tiny car. I was very comfortable in it! I only took it for a couple of miles, but it was great. Made my day! They said the problem with the different color of the 2-tone interior had been taken care of and all of those cars affected were done. I also asked why they chose to come to Oregon twice....They laughed. They said they loved the drive down the Oregon gorge, which is on the Columbia river going east from Portland and you can see across to Washington. They also liked taking the scenic drive route which is a two-lane winding, curving road, which climbds so you get a fantastic view of the Columbia River. So, they got to take the press on downtown streets, freeways, and country roads. This is very beautiful area. They also said the first time they were here was for reporters, but for longer term release dates of their articles. This time is for instant release of their reports. They are here until Thursday, and then they're gone, never to return here! They also said they would be selling these cars. They didn't know to whom or when, but they will be sold. ....lot of miles and hard driving on them!! Oh, one final note, since I'm not real tall (5'4"), I had difficulty seeing out the back because the seat backs are tall, so I had diffidulty seeing what was behind me. Using the mirrors, solved this, so I'm just going to have to get used to not looking back to see everything. A small price to pay for this beauty. Oh, and thank you to all Pontiac people for your enthusiasm and willingness to answer any and all questons we had and to spend as much time with us as we took! It greatly helps while waiting for the car to be here! And, with our weather, mine will get here just in time for rain until next June! But, that's okay, the garage is ready!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks for the report Oregonian :thumbs:

·
Registered
102 Posts
solsticeman said:
Oregonian - did you get the VIN's?
No. Did look at one of them though. I think it was 100608 or 1000608, however the sequence runs. That was a black one with cloth seats. Darn, I didn't even think of getting the VIN's! I'm learning so much from this forum, just wish I could think about the stuff before I read it!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Gosh a ride. I still haven't seen one. I hope it made your wait seem shorter. The wait if about over for everyone.

·
Registered
472 Posts
In the Gorge

I was able to stop and see the new cars in the Gorge today on HWY 14 in WA. These are newer cars from the last visit. I only talked to them for a short time. It is funny that the GM guys love the local twisty roads here in the Gorge............we get to drive them everyday! I may catch them again on Thursday. It only makes me want mine sooner!

Congrats to Oregon Solstice! I hope you bring it out here to show us when you get it!

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great Pics! Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts