Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Contrary to many people on this forum, I think white looks really good on this car, especially in person. I wish their had been a white one in Detroit last week because I think their would have been a lot of recanting of "negative about white" opinions in this forum.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
theautoprophet said:
I saw a white Solstice, non-dealer, non-manufacturer plates, parked in my neighborhood last night. See my blog at

http://theautoprophet.blogspot.com
Yup. Not surprising, what you saw is what is called a "Captured Test Fleet" vehicle, they have neither dealer nor manufacturer's plates. If you look at the last 6 of the VIN, you'll see the sequence number is about 100500 or less.

The industry terminology (I just learned, so now y'all get to learn it too :thumbs: ) for a car that is a true, plated, sold retail unit obviously owned by someone other than the manufacturing company is "in the wild."

As in, "I just saw what I believe to be the first Ford GT in the wild today."

As opposed to a "captured" test fleet (get it?) or "company owned" car used for testing or otherwise manufacturer owned.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
solsticeman said:
Yup. Not surprising, what you saw is what is called a "Captured Test Fleet" vehicle, they have neither dealer nor manufacturer's plates. If you look at the last 6 of the VIN, you'll see the sequence number is about 100500 or less.

The industry terminology (I just learned, so now y'all get to learn it too :thumbs: ) for a car that is a true, plated, sold retail unit obviously owned by someone other than the manufacturing company is "in the wild."

As in, "I just saw what I believe to be the first Ford GT in the wild today."

As opposed to a "captured" test fleet (get it?) or "company owned" car used for testing or otherwise manufacturer owned.

SM; Here's # 1 Ford GT and if you consider a garage in New Jersey "in the wild" (which I do), then the example is correct

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=8/21723223489.jpg&s=x1

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Bonzo said:
Contrary to many people on this forum, I think white looks really good on this car, especially in person. I wish their had been a white one in Detroit last week because I think their would have been a lot of recanting of "negative about white" opinions in this forum.
I agree. I think white is a really underappreciated color. And, it holds up better than any other color. My mom had an '86 Coupe de Ville that I just got rid of a couple of years ago, and the white paint still looked like new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.