Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang,
I'm at work, and I just came back in from the shipping yard. There are Solstice in the shipping yard! I almost ran the yard truck off the road looking at them! :lol: There were about 1000 mixed in with Cobalts, ready to be loaded onto Leaseway trucks, and delivered to dealers here.
I wish mine was in there, but I know it's not. It was targeted for for the week of 8/29/05 and is scheduled, but I don't have a VIN# yet.
I am impatiently waiting, :willy:
Well, at least someone will have their beauty home soon.

·
Registered
162 Posts
SolSister said:
Hi gang,
I'm at work, and I just came back in from the shipping yard. There are Solstice in the shipping yard! I almost ran the yard truck off the road looking at them! :lol: There were about 1000 mixed in with Cobalts, ready to be loaded onto Leaseway trucks, and delivered to dealers here.
I wish mine was in there, but I know it's not. It was targeted for for the week of 8/29/05 and is scheduled, but I don't have a VIN# yet.
I am impatiently waiting, :willy:
Well, at least someone will have their beauty home soon.
Where are you? Lordstown?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's me, I am in Lordstown. And that's all I'm saying about that. ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
SolSister, have a question for you, normally do cars going to Northern Indiana or Chicago go by rail or truck from Lordtown?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I saw a green solstice in Old Town Alexandria, VA yesterday (D.C. area)... I don't think I've ever seen someone so happy just to be driving a car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
POTFH said:
SolSister, have a question for you, normally do cars going to Northern Indiana or Chicago go by rail or truck from Lordtown?
I really have NO idea, sorry :( I paint 'em, I don't ship 'em.

·
Registered
401 Posts
SolSister said:
I really have NO idea, sorry :( I paint 'em, I don't ship 'em.
SolSister, I did not realize that Lordstown was a GM Plant. I just figured it was a railyard and a break point. Why would GM send them from one plant to another? I realize you might not know this, but maybe someone else does? What cars does your plant manufacture?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
POTFH said:
SolSister, I did not realize that Lordstown was a GM Plant. I just figured it was a railyard and a break point. Why would GM send them from one plant to another? I realize you might not know this, but maybe someone else does? What cars does your plant manufacture?
We build the Chevy Cobalt and the Pontiac Pursuit (Canada & Mexico only). This is the first time I have seen any other vehicles in out shipping lot other that the vehicles we build, but we have a large lot and access to rail and trucks. We are also less than a days drive from Wilmington.

·
Registered
401 Posts
SolSister said:
We build the Chevy Cobalt and the Pontiac Pursuit (Canada & Mexico only). This is the first time I have seen any other vehicles in out shipping lot other that the vehicles we build, but we have a large lot and access to rail and trucks. We are also less than a days drive from Wilmington.
Thank You for this information. What is a Pontiac Pursuit?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Soltice Sightings........Where?

GM, what's going on. If we don't get more Solstice's on the Road. The next latest and greatest car will be a FORD or ???. Get that Solstice on the highways and claim your market share! :cuss:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
POTFH said:
Thank You for this information. What is a Pontiac Pursuit?
Go to the Pontiac Canada or Mexico site to see it. it's in essnce the Pontiac version of the Cobalt. It's called the G4 in Mexico though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts