Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I work as a civil engineer in Oregon and today I was up in the Columbia River Gorge on a site visit at the Maryhill Museum (2-hours east of Portland). We're looking a future expansion of the museum so I was up reviewing their ancinet water sytem with the grounds keeper. As we're walking I see a tent and a bunch of chairs set up. The guy tells me that the Pontiac guys are going to be up there for lunch today. My ears perk up and I say "Pontiac guys?" He says yeah they've been driving these new Solstice cars all around the gorge and they'll be here for lunch today. I couldn't believe my ears. I finished my site visit and headed to Hood River, 40 minutes away, for a couple meetings then dashed back to the Museum around 12:30 PM. Low and behold I find a bunch of Solstice' parked out on the grass. Fortunately I had my trusty Nikon D70 so I walked over and started chatting with one of the guys who invites me to take a close look and take pictures. So I drolled for a little while and took a bunch of pictures. All I can say is these cars a really, really nice in person. I was very impressed and want one all the more.

Pics posted below.

·
Registered
137 Posts
maui said:
I work as a civil engineer in Oregon and today I was up in the Columbia River Gorge on a site visit at the Maryhill Museum (2-hours east of Portland). We're looking a future expansion of the museum so I was up reviewing their ancinet water sytem with the grounds keeper. As we're walking I see a tent and a bunch of chairs set up. The guy tells me that the Pontiac guys are going to be up there for lunch today. My ears perk up and I say "Pontiac guys?" He says yeah they've been driving these new Solstice cars all around the gorge and they'll be here for lunch today. I couldn't believe my ears. I finished my site visit and headed to Hood River, 40 minutes away, for a couple meetings then dashed back to the Museum around 12:30 PM. Low and behold I find a bunch of Solstice' parked out on the grass. Fortunately I had my trusty Nikon D70 so I walked over and started chatting with one of the guys who invites me to take a close look and take pictures. So I drolled for a little while and took a bunch of pictures. All I can say is these cars a really, really nice in person. I was very impressed and want one all the more.
Pics! Pics! Where's the Pics???? :cool:

·
Registered
515 Posts
maui said:
Fortunately I had my trusty Nikon D70 so I walked over and started chatting with one of the guys who invites me to take a close look and take pictures.
D70? Sweet! Post them babies!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here's a few pics :yesnod:

Yeah I'm a ham. That's me standing next to one just like I ordered.

I should also say I was told cars will start shipping the first week of August. :party:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow! Had a flashback to seeing "Pleasantville" when I saw that fourth pic ... that red really stands out in a crowd.

Great pics. :thumbs:

Here's another good example of the color-shifting this car can do also. The Sly cars in the fourth pic (on either side of the red car) look completely different than the Sly in the other pics. The light sure can play tricks on you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
got2btopless

great pics!!!!!
I'm new to the forum, but have been following for some time.
I am especially impressed with the tonneau cover over the cockpit.
I have a 1964 MGB and the tonneau is the best accessory I have for the car.
I will be purchasing one for my Stone (In Canada) Solstice "SLY" to you guys. Keeps the heat and any bird bombs off the seats.

Keep up with all the great comments and ideas, I'm learning a lot. Congrats to all you first 1000- I'm so jealous. Hopefully by the time I get mine there will be some warm weather left up here in Canada. Oh well, even if there isn't,
just roll up the windows turn on the heat and let thewind blow thru my hair!!! :lol:

CHEERS Everyone!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Great job! Do I see a Sly with ebony leather interior? If so, could you post some of those pics? I originally ordered Sly with two-tone. Saw the Big John and Oregon posts with Green. Thought about changing my order to green with ebony. Went to the dealership, saw the metalic green on a truck and didn't like it. It's hard to decide looking at pictures. So, I changed my interior to ebony and keeping with the Sly color.

thanks!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I'm calling my dealer to change my two-tone to ebony (leather), I was hoping the production color would be the darker almost black/copper combo, oh well :(

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I'll add these to the Gallery too once we get the section setup.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Excellent pics. Are you a pro photographer, too? I'm sure the setting helped, but those pics are really well-composed!

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
brentil said:
I'll add these to the Gallery too once we get the section setup.
All of the Oregon press event images are in the Gallery now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.