1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
While a return isn't likely, I do wonder what the future would have help for the Solstice if it (and Pontiac) had remained in existence for a few more years.

·
Super Moderator
7,145 Posts
I'm not sure how I missed this post, but i had to laugh when I got to the line that said: "Not only did the motoring press love this slim European-style roadster,......".
I assume that was referring to the concept, since they certainly didn't love the production version.

While a return isn't likely, I do wonder what the future would have help for the Solstice if it (and Pontiac) had remained in existence for a few more years.
There was talk of a "Kappa II" being built in Bowling Green alongside the Corvette, but there was no indication of what it would have been.

·
Premium Member
10,404 Posts
The plan was to start at BG on 2012 using a different platform and not the Kappa.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Makes sense. Bring back two defunct brands and models to prolong the life of the C7 Corvette. I'm in for a dozen of each if it happens.

·
Registered
338 Posts
You would need a an entire second assembly line to continue C7 production.

The "Kappa II" would have been interesting to see how similar it became to the Y-body. If they were actually planning to use the same assembly line for both the Y-body and Kappa II simultaneously there would have had to been some fairly significant compromises for the production. The sort of compromises that only a pre-bankruptcy GM would ever think were a good idea.

·
Registered
586 Posts
just add a badge to almost anything and call it whatever you want. my 94 plymouth had some dodge badging....caddi is now using the 4 cylinder silverado engine (turbo 2.7) so just add a diferent badge and run it through a weight loss program and there you have it!!!well it's something...not sure what yet.. I wonder where the tooling is from the kappas? of corase that wood all have to change..eye wood think that 2.7 in a slightly down sized vette would be a great seller for chevy,cadilack,pontaic,buick and jupiter. ( just section the car a tad to marrow it up 6" more than vetter and make the doors 6" shorter.),,,or rear bumper shorter. hell take 1.5 inches outa the front fender, the rear fender,the doors,the nose,and the rear.and there you have it. smaller than avetter, lighter than a meiota. and fun to drive with 350 hp 4 cylinder. along with 8 speed auto trans great millage too!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts