Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
I just PayPal'd you for a set. Great idea, wish they had never done away with quarter-windows.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I need to look in my mailbox, maybe I can test them tomorrow if they are here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Now I am worried. One person had a shortage on postage but I used stamps.com scale.

Solpainter, when did you order?

I got a bunch of orders on the 29th, shipped on the 4th so its been about a week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mongospyder, I haven't received mine yet either. :( I'll run by the post office tomorrow and see if they are holding them hostage. :lol:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mongospyder,

If you check page 2 of posts you will see I sent you the money via Paypal on October 1.
In addition I sent you an email the next day. My mail came today and it was not in it.
Thanks for following up.
John

·
Registered
580 Posts
It''s been too cold to for an earnest test. What little I have been able to bear trying them out, they cut the buffetting out but you still get the wind coming in. The first day I had them on it was too windy. Perhaps someone in the warmer climes can give a better review.

I still drive with my top down, but I need the windows up in the colder weather.

·
Registered
42 Posts
PM and paypal sent. Thanks Shawn.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Same here. Update please. ordered 10/30/10.
Checked the PO today Sat. 11/13/10, nothing there. I think I should have gotten it by now. Would not surprise me if the good old USPS lost it. After all they only lost 8 Billion last year.

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
I've had them in now for almost a week, right off, I'd say they need to be bigger, by at least 2", does change the air flow, but doesn't cut but about 30% of the wind coming in between the mirror and windshield.

·
Administrator
9,206 Posts
The pics posted appear that the deflector is a bit bigger than the one I have installed on my car. Maybe the SL2K ones were shipped in error?? If not, then I agree .. they need to be a bit bigger to really block substantial wind that occurs between the mirror.

Great start though!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
All,

The version I sent is about an inch shorter on the long tab end because that one stuck out at the curve of the weatherstrip at the top of the a-pillar. The goal was to kill the buffeting but still have "some" breeze in the cockpit. I can change the angle to 90 deg to cut off as much breeze as possible if that is the preference. It is just my opinion that it looks to intrusive when the acrylic comes straight down. But if that is what you guys are interested in that is perfectly fine with me.

Your opinions are always welcome!!!!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Had some great weather on the weekend. What I noticed- they do work some, but highway driving I'm still getting an ear full on the driver's side, I didn't notice any turbulent air from the passenger side. IMO, a set that angles outward instead of inward would work best- you'd have to remove them to close the window, the the ease of installation would offset any annoyance at that.

Definitely better than it was, but not enough that feel comfortable with the windows down or without earplugs at highway speeds.

·
Registered
523 Posts

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
Or maybe fabricate something like:
YES! I like those. Would be simple to attach inside the windows to the A-pillar trim and fully adjustable. Where was that photo from - might it be a source?

I guess if you could find the hinges, you could easily cut the plastic to suit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Thanks Typhoon, I did look at securing with velcro or screws to the a-pillar but wanted them to be easily removable. More options are always good though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wind Blocker

Mongo: 11/16/10 and still no delivery. Could you check when you mailed it? Sent pay pal 10/30/10. Let me know. Thanks.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts