Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
:yay:Got mine! Darned postoffice didn't even tell me they had them.

They do look a little smaller than I thought they would but you did a great job.:thumbs: I can't wait for a warm day to try them out.

Thanks!
Judi

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks Typhoon, I did look at securing with velcro or screws to the a-pillar but wanted them to be easily removable. More options are always good though.
Nothing says you've got to stick with one probuct :thumbs:

·
Administrator
9,209 Posts
Took mine out! IMHO they do nothing other than increase/change the air turbulence inside the cabin, especially with the windows all the way down. Don't know if having a wind restrictor is what adds to this but I will no longer use them. :jm2c:

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Took mine out! IMHO they do nothing other than increase/change the air turbulence inside the cabin, especially with the windows all the way down. Don't know if having a wind restrictor is what adds to this but I will no longer use them. :jm2c:
I have to agree Moms...I used mine a couple of weeks ago..Seemed to do nothing but cut down on some air turbulence.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I agree now. They really ONLY make a difference between 40-70mph, anything over that is fruitless. Additionally if you sit all the way back and are in the 6' range in height, it makes little difference. I could see if you sit closer to the wheel and are shorter it might make more of a difference.

·
Administrator
9,209 Posts
Mongospyder, are you still making these or is anyone interested in selling thirds?
Not really worth it IMHO .... gave mine away at a white elephant during a Kappa Event.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
They really ONLY make a difference between 40-70mph, anything over that is fruitless.
I have to agree Moms...I used mine a couple of weeks ago..Seemed to do nothing but cut down on some air turbulence.
Darnit. I had high hopes for them :-(
It works for me!
These quotes I selected on top are from guys that don't like this device but say good things about it.... :lol:

·
Administrator
9,209 Posts
It works for me!
These quotes I selected on top are from guys that don't like this device but say good things about it.... :lol:
I don't drive with my windows partial down while in town, doing speeds up to 50 mph....so I was looking for something functional on the highway at speeds of up to 70 with the windows DOWN ....these do not help but ADD to the turbulence IMHO if you have a Windrestrictor.

I'm glad they worked for some and they weren't that expensive.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
It works for me!
you quoted me and I don't happen to have them. I meant to buy them a year ago but something came up and I stopped buying stuff for the car. I"m finally buying stuff again and had high hopes for these. Reading the posts since my last post it seems that they won't do what I had hoped. I need it for highway speeds with my wiindrestictor. For $22 I might still buy a set just to try them out for myself, but it seems they aren't being sold anymore.

edit: I see you were referring to the 2 on top of mine :)

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
you quoted me and I don't happen to have them. I meant to buy them a year ago but something came up and I stopped buying stuff for the car. I"m finally buying stuff again and had high hopes for these. Reading the posts since my last post it seems that they won't do what I had hoped. I need it for highway speeds with my wiindrestictor. For $22 I might still buy a set just to try them out for myself, but it seems they aren't being sold anymore.

edit: I see you were referring to the 2 on top of mine :)
I will sell you my set if you are interested....just PM me...

61 - 75 of 75 Posts