Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster long time lurker. I just got a call from my brother who is travelling East on the PA turnpike out by Harrisburg. He spotted a car carrier pulled over on the shoulder with about 10 Solstices on it heading West. Then about 30 minutes later a lone Solstice was driving in the opposite direction (going West as well). He said they looked awesome. His first thought when he saw the Solstices on the truck were that it looked like a classic Porsche. As he drew closer he realized what they were. What's the deal are these things actually shipping?

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
See the other threads on pictures from Delaware. They had many trucks loaded up heading to MI for testing, marketing etc.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I only wish they were headed to the first 1000 buyers!

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
mikefred1952 said:
I only wish they were headed to the first 1000 buyers!
I rather wait for the quality issues to get correct it.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Ok, who do we have in the forum, from Michigan, who can be our lookouts?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Crusin I-85 in NC

We took an afternoon cruise w/the top down in our Sebring, but did not spot any Sols yet.

Keepin an eye out........lookin for a Dark Green one headin to NC..........

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
solli4me said:
Ok, who do we have in the forum, from Michigan, who can be our lookouts?
Well, Bob, er I mean Solsticeman, is from Michigan. But we know he is the driver in the lone Sol chase car, right? :lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
achieftain said:
Well, Bob, er I mean Solsticeman, is from Michigan. But we know he is the driver in the lone Sol chase car, right? :lol:
Maybe SolsticemanBob may be willing to post a photo of himself..and put this issue to bed.

Be honest!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw a great looking black solstice on the ohio turnpike headed west
followed for bout 20 miles till the 280 exit it was going to detroit i believe
It had dealers plates anyone ever seen those before????

Car looks great and i feel one of these will be my first car on my own

ill keep u all update on what i see i live on the west end on the turnpike ill watch out for them

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I agree that they would want to do some final tests of production vehicles, but I wouldn't expect these tests to be tooo comprehensive kind of late in the game to be doing that kind of testing.... Hopefully MOSt of the bugs have already been wrung out and these are more like exec play toys....

·
Registered
64 Posts
solsticeman said:
BTW - rumor has it at least one truck load has arrived in MI :thumbs:

Dunno how accurate the rumor is, but just thought I'd pass that along.

Almost accurate...more than one truck has shown up so far!

·
Registered
2 Posts
the car looked like the guy was having a blast driving he was running 75-80 and it jsut looks like a blast to drive soo y are these things on the road??? and going to detroit??? we have an 83 camaro with those same buldges i love that look and it just makes it look fast cant wait to test drive these bad boys

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
The EPA can require actual production cars for final testing.

If so, that takes time. They have to put 50,000 miles on several cars, run a part of the test, then run them up to 120,000 miles and test again. All with no maintenance other than adding fluids as necessary. (no oil changes).

Several will probably undergo real abuse on the test tracks to see what needs to be fixed. (creaks rattles and such) These are production line cars not the hand assembled preproduction cars, so new problems can crop up. If one does that has to be addressed.

Others will probably just be driven around by corporate people for their input on any problems.

If you want quality, it takes time to work out most of the kinks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts