Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessoriesjsp/accessorydetail.jsp?make=pontiac&model=solstice&year=2006&detail=00_PON_SOL_MSG_01&sid=4317767906295991
---
Looking for info on a Solstice Cover... ideas? I didn't find anything listed on the GM accessories site.

Molded Splash Guards are listed and you can order online... FYI If someone has already posted please ignore-I hadn't seen it :)
-

Designed and engineered custom molded splashguards fit directly behind your wheels and provide superior protection from tire splash, mud, and road debris. Specifically tooled for your vehicle includes styling features to accent the exterior of your vehicle.

Molded Splash Guards - Front with No Logo
$60.00

Molded Splash Guards - Rear with No Logo
$60.00

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
hojopa said:
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessoriesjsp/accessorydetail.jsp?make=pontiac&model=solstice&year=2006&detail=00_PON_SOL_MSG_01&sid=4317767906295991
---
Looking for info on a Solstice Cover... ideas? I didn't find anything listed on the GM accessories site.

Molded Splash Guards are listed and you can order online... FYI If someone has already posted please ignore-I hadn't seen it :)
-

Designed and engineered custom molded splashguards fit directly behind your wheels and provide superior protection from tire splash, mud, and road debris. Specifically tooled for your vehicle includes styling features to accent the exterior of your vehicle.

Molded Splash Guards - Front with No Logo
$60.00

Molded Splash Guards - Rear with No Logo
$60.00

Checked those prices at my dealer last Friday. Retail is $60. Wholesale to dealer is $42. There was an price of $51 on the system also. Was the same prices for both front and rear. Can't hurt to negotiate the lower prices when you pick up your car.

Price for the tonneau cover was $299 with a wolesale price of $209.30, which I believe is the same as the price on gm part website without the shipping charge.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/accessories/

Splash guards are $50.40 at this site.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the link...

When I searched GM there wasn't a Solstice cover listed.

Wondered what a Passenger Compartment Tonneau cover was
- I think it only covers the passenger side when the top is down. I am looking for a car cover/for winter storage. Checked out the Calf. Covers... they have some nice options and I am told that they fit very nicely.

http://glassicannex.org/914/914tonneau.htm

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Our Supporting dealer KappaSphere is selling the (Calif. Covers) on their web site, so if you are going to get one why not get it from one of our supporting dealers.
Thanks.
http://www.kappasphere.com/

·
Registered
21 Posts
17800974 Front Splash Guards

Has anyone purchased and installed the front splash guards part no. 17800974?

I bought mine from gmacaccessoriesstore.com and returned them twice.
On inspection of the splash guard, they have embossed on the guard itself, that they are for Impala Rear!!!

After sending them back and receiving the same ones back, I finally got them to understand the problem. The company said that the part 17800974 though they are embossed as Impala Rear guards, that sometimes parts are exhangeable with other cars, and that these are, in fact, the splash guards for a Solstice Fronts.

So, I will attempt to install. If anybody has installed the front splash guards, how did you install them, and if they look like they fit?

One more question.....are the front guards the same size as the rear ones? Or are the fronts much smaller?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hmmmmm, I never looked that close, they came with instruction sheets on how to install them on a Solstice, I will look when I go out to take her to get her last free oil change

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
One more question.....are the front guards the same size as the rear ones? Or are the fronts much smaller?
They are about the same size.

The dealer just doesn't know and is blowing a lot of smoke.

Try ordering from another supplier, or call the 800 number and ask to talk to Tom.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
Has anyone purchased and installed the front splash guards part no. 17800974?

I bought mine from gmacaccessoriesstore.com and returned them twice.
On inspection of the splash guard, they have embossed on the guard itself, that they are for Impala Rear!!!

After sending them back and receiving the same ones back, I finally got them to understand the problem. The company said that the part 17800974 though they are embossed as Impala Rear guards, that sometimes parts are exhangeable with other cars, and that these are, in fact, the splash guards for a Solstice Fronts.

So, I will attempt to install. If anybody has installed the front splash guards, how did you install them, and if they look like they fit?

I had this happen to me - even when the dealer ordered the part - the part number was correct , but the box was for a different car. In my case, the mudflap would not even fit the car - the shape was not even close !

A re-order solved my problem.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Crate Engine Depot

17800974 Splash Guards - Molded 17800974 $41.65
17800975 Splash Guards - Molded 17800975 $41.65

Just got ours in and installed them over the weekend.

CrateEngineDepot.com

CrateEngineDepot
1000 East Belvidere Rd
Grayslake, IL 60030
UNITED STATES

:thumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks

Ordered from CrateEngineDepot

Now I have to get my money back from gmacaccessoriesstore