·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Well I bought a car yesterday to carry me over until my Solstice arrives.

A 2001 BMW 330ci
Congrats Dallas! :) Nice choice.

I did not realize that you needed another car that quickly.

Hope you stay true to your passion and get one later, I need somebody in Ottawa to talk Solstice.

As for being a member in a solstice club, I think you should be an honorary member even if you do not get one. You have promoted this car now for a long time and were a great contributor.

I certainly will give you a ride in a solstice to go to the meetings, no problem. :) :)
I'll switch cars for a weekend with you if you want to go topless. :lol:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely, I don't buy Labatt's. ;)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOLSTZ06 said:
You are one of our original "12" members ....there's no question.........
Thanks Bill.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SLY2T_OTT said:
Congrats Dallas! :) Nice choice.

I did not realize that you needed another car that quickly.

I'll switch cars for a weekend with you if you want to go topless. :lol:
Need is a little strong. But when I found out I wasn't going to have to store the Solstice in the garage this winter it defiitely opened up some other possibilites.

I have to tell you the 3.0 six in 330ci is sweet. Has a nice authoritative growl as you ask for a little more speed. Car has Eagle F1s which are remarkable smooth even on Oglivie Road.

If you get your Sol before the first snowfall we could still blast down to Myrtle Beach. I might have to bring the winter tires for the return trip if it is too late in the year. :lol:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:

A 2001 BMW 330ci
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27409321826.jpg&s=x2
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=10/27409363939.jpg&s=x2

Also has a trunk, so if by next year I decide just to keep this car and NOT get a Solstice, maybe you guys will still let me tag along for a roadtrip or two. I can bring the luggage.(or beer) :lol:
hey Fortyninenorth, nice choice in car!
great machine.. definitely the ultimate in driving...
i hope you get your solstice soon!

fingers crossed for ya

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who's on First

My salesman says my car is still showing as preferenced at their end. :cuss:

Seems to be a major disconnect between the GM NOMS system and the information the dealers are being given. My dealership doesn't have online access to NOMS, they phone somebody. But whoever they are phoning is still telling them my car is preferenced. :confused:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
My salesman says my car is still showing as preferenced at their end. :cuss:

Seems to be a major disconnect between the GM NOMS system and the information the dealers are being given. My dealership doesn't have online access to NOMS, they phone somebody. But whoever they are phoning is still telling them my car is preferenced. :confused:
that sucsk..

my guy shows me the screen and then faxes it to me.

if you want... email me your fax and i will send a copy to ya.

i will get my guy to fax it over.

sounds good?

let me know.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked 330Ci up at 2:45 PM headed for the hills, Gatineau Hills. Ended up driving to Mont Ste. Marie and back, stopping in Old Chelsea for dinner at an outdoor cafe. This car moves and even smooths out most of the rough spots on Quebec's not so good roads. Got back to town at 6:45 PM. Cannot say I enjoyed the in town driving, too confinng give me the open road.

Tomorrow I am heading down to TO to pick up daughter from York U. So another 10 hours in the 330Ci when I won't have to be pining about NOT having my Solstice. :cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
GreatWhiteNorth said:
Got another email today from a dealer in Milton that says they have a Solstice for sale on the dealership floor.
it sold

called...

they have another 2 of 5 that are not sold.. but don't know when they are coming in.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fortyninenorth said:
Tomorrow I am heading down to TO to pick up daughter from York U. So another 10 hours in the 330Ci when I won't have to be pining about NOT having my Solstice. :cool:
Back from TO. After 12 hours total behind the wheel now I am liking this car too much. Lots of power courners without making a fuss. I used to think my Volvo handled well for a wagon. But this car is ridiculous, it doesn't seem to care how fast you go around a downtown street corner or a highway on-ramp. Was thinking I may need to change my Solstice order to the Turbo model. I don't think I can live without the power after driving the 330. Those 225 horses really kick i when asked. The torque is nice too, especially when having to tiptoe through Toronto traffic.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
Back from TO. After 12 hours total behind the wheel now I am liking this car too much. Lots of power courners without making a fuss. I used to think my Volvo handled well for a wagon. But this car is ridiculous, it doesn't seem to care how fast you go around a downtown street corner or a highway on-ramp. .
good choice. without a doubt, the 3 series BMW is the benchmark in it's class.

·
5,600 Posts
I never wanted a 3-series. And then I drove one. :eek:

Wonderful cars. Congrats. Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:

. I can bring the luggage.(or beer) :lol:
We'll take the beer! Your domestic is more potent than our imported, despite what they say to the contrary. Sweet ride, GTW.Many of your countrymen travel here to PA with empty luggage to shop for clothing (no tax) and other things, packing the suitcases with tags removed for trip back across border. I wonder how that practice will be affected by the price of petrol.

·
Registered
180 Posts
With the 323CI Cab I got in the being of April, It has been a great summer for top down driving.
The wife feels funny when the top is up.
My grand kids think I am a wizard since with the key in the door you can make the top go up and down, they fight to tell the top to go up and down
Anyway on the road trip I can carry the beer with the top down
I just wish I had a 330 instead of the 323

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
achieftain said:
We'll take the beer! Your domestic is more potent than our imported, despite what they say to the contrary. Sweet ride, GTW.Many of your countrymen travel here to PA with empty luggage to shop for clothing (no tax) and other things, packing the suitcases with tags removed for trip back across border. I wonder how that practice will be affected by the price of petrol.
I know several Americans who purchase US brands in Canada, Miller, Coors etc. for the extra kick value. you folks drink beer to quench your thirst, we drink it to get a buzz.

The exchange rate has more to do with cross-border shopping than the price of gas (Brits call it petrol, Canucks do not.)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1000 kms and no regrets

I have put 1000 kms on the 330Ci since Oct 5th, that includes a trip to Toronto. Good news is I found the sport seat very supportive and my lower back didn't complain as it is prone to do.

I have learned how to drive it in downtown traffic and so as not to frighten the wife. Managed the parking garage at work a couple times last week. But still haven't had a nice day to snap any pictures. It has been raining for more than a week now. Which just makes the decision to go with a coupe seen all the more sensible.

I have to go out of the office next week during the day, forecast is for sun, it might be a good opportunity to test drive a Solstice. Then I will be able to decide what to do about my order. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts