Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Administrator
11,005 Posts
It is definitely coming together. What protection are you planning for the front face?

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
It is definitely coming together. What protection are you planning for the front face?
There will be a sheet-metal piece along the bottom 8" or so that was removed to cap the frame rails.
It will go from fender edge to the other fender edge.
There will be black Rhinolining or similar on the the sheet-metal piece, as well as the off white plastic piece above that.
I'm going to ask Jay about some putting on some clear chip guard on the front of the area he extensively reworked that will be blue.

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Looking good Jon, will it be ready next weekend? 🤞

Reactions: agent008

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks John, would Sunday be a good day to pick it up? If not what day and time would work best for you? Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I can be there any time it is convenient for you. I am not working that day so I am flexible just let me know what time works best for you.

·
Registered
08 Sky Redline, 5M
268 Posts
580 pounds empty! Holy mackeral! My little HF trailer loaded with tires a tools is almost the same (about 620) so with stuff that must be quite a noticeable weight.

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I can be there any time it is convenient for you. I am not working that day so I am flexible just let me know what time works best for you.
It doesn't matter at all to me, but a reminder that day is Father's Day.
I am available all day, but anytime in the morning would be great!

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
580 pounds empty! Holy mackeral! My little HF trailer loaded with tires a tools is almost the same (about 620) so with stuff that must be quite a noticeable weight.
@cammerjeff will be the first to find out how it pulls behind a Solstice.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I can believe it weighs that much it does have 3 Solstice Wheels & Tires mounted on it! I will post here how it tows empty, and loaded.

Thanks John I was thinking about 10:00 am. PM or text me your address so I can figure out how long a 1 way trip it will be. I am guessing about 2.5 hours.

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I can believe it weighs that much it does have 3 Solstice Wheels & Tires mounted on it! I will post here how it tows empty, and loaded.

Thanks John I was thinking about 10:00 am. PM or text me your address so I can figure out how long a 1 way trip it will be. I am guessing about 2.5 hours.
10am is fine.
I will text you my address.

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Updated with more pictures.

Wet sand and buff is done for now, and bumper cover is installed.
Jay says after the trip to bring it back for one more round of buffing, as the paint is still a bit soft.
Wet sand and buff 6 12 22 by jon72vega, on Flickr
Wet sand and buff 6 12 22 by jon72vega, on Flickr

1st coat of coating the front with bedliner is on.
Bed liner by jon72vega, on Flickr

Passenger side metal trim done and installed, still need driver side.
Trim piece pass side by jon72vega, on Flickr
Trim piece pass side by jon72vega, on Flickr

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
Paint work is done, Jay still has to make a couple of trim pieces, and clean everything up.
I'm picking up Saturday morning.
Silver by jon72vega, on Flickr
Done by jon72vega, on Flickr
Done by jon72vega, on Flickr

61 - 80 of 109 Posts