Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
81 - 100 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Is this going to be lowered because it looks like it sits rather high?
Jay jacked up the trailer multiple times to get masking paper applied.
That is making it sit higher than normal until it's driven, HA (TOWED) then it will settle down to a normal ride height.

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
I got the trailer back late yesterday afternoon.
Nice looking.
Trailer done at Jays by jon72vega, on Flickr
Trailer done at Jays by jon72vega, on Flickr

There is a suspension binding issue with it that affects ride height on pass side that I saw after getting it home.
I took a WAG at what it might be, and guessed wrong as @cammerjeff saw the same problem after he got the trailer to his house.
He is going to look into it tomorrow, hopefully it's something minor.

Here's some pictures of the trailer with @cammerjeff 's awesome Mallett.
Mallett and trailer by jon72vega, on Flickr
Trailer and Mallett leaving by jon72vega, on Flickr
Trailer and Mallett leaving by jon72vega, on Flickr

·
Registered
'06 Solstice Base
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
For a trailer...that's gorgeous. 🕶 I think I'd be tempted to have the entire trailer covered in clear wrap.
Thanks!
Very nice.
Thanks!
A stunning trailer and Mallet combo. Congrats @jon72vega and @cammerjeff !
Agreed! I love Jeff's Mallett.
Looks great! But why a different color than your car?
Thanks! My car is blue, same as trailer.
That is @cammerjeff 's Mallett in the pictures.
Jeff is borrowing trailer to take to the Kappa Nationals.
I think he didn't repaint it ? Rather just finished what was not done yet.
As said above @cammerjeff is towing the trailer with his Mallett.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Thanks Jon! I really apreciate the loan, I should be able to work out all the bugs left in it. I will post what I find to be the issue with the Right Suspension. I will also try to remember to send John some pictures from the road so he can post them. I already had 2 Porsche Drivers follow me into the Costco Gas station to get pictures of the trailer. One did notice the V8 badges on my car (Boxster driver he was a bit intimidated, but the 911 driver wanted to run my Car LOL! Not with the trailer attached thank you.) My car does not even notice the empty trailer behind it. Gas mileage was the same, and I did tow it up to 80 mph passing some slower traffic. But for the most part kept it at 70mph. According to my DIC I averaged 23.3 MPG highway towing the empty trailer with the top down Sunday. That was for around 100 miles of driving.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My car does not even notice the empty trailer behind it. Gas mileage was the same, and I did tow it up to 80 mph passing some slower traffic. But for the most part kept it at 70mph. According to my DIC I averaged 23.3 MPG highway towing the empty trailer with the top down Sunday. That was for around 100 miles of driving.
This is great to hear!

Did you already have a hitch installed before this?

Also, how do you connect the two electrically? Are there kits that tap into the existing wires and allows one to power a trailer?

Can’t wait to see more pics!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I purchased and installed the hitch after Jon had offered to let me borrow it for the Nationals late last year. Installing the hitch and wiring was straight forward. But I did have to modify the passenger side of the hitch to clear the 3" pipes my car has. It would be a straight bolt on with a stock exhaust system IMO.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Good news I was able to figure out what was binding on the suspension. I loosened the upper control arm bolts 1/4 turn and it now rebounds correctly. I added jam nuts and loctite to secure the hardware. I think all is good now!

·
Premium Member
5,171 Posts
81 - 100 of 109 Posts