Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking of all the public awareness this car is recieving now that the car has made the cover of life magazine ,all those positive newspaper articles magazines front covers etc. I believe most of have had are orders in at least five to eight months. We will all be seeing are cars soon. As the solstice building machine keeps growing feel fortunate that you got your order in early. As I see it with the low price stunning looks it will be a cold day in hell before you can go and buy your choice model right off the lot. :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
dave clancy said:
As I see it with the low price stunning looks it will be a cold day in hell before you can go and buy your choice model right off the lot. :)
Don't know about Hell, but it's definitely going to be a cold day in Indiana when mine comes in!! Should be here any day now and we're having the coldest weather we've had this season!

·
2,574 Posts
dave clancy said:
I was just thinking of all the public awareness this car is recieving now that the car has made the cover of life magazine ,all those positive newspaper articles magazines front covers etc. I believe most of have had are orders in at least five to eight months. We will all be seeing are cars soon. As the solstice building machine keeps growing feel fortunate that you got your order in early. As I see it with the low price stunning looks it will be a cold day in hell before you can go and buy your choice model right off the lot. :)
You're right Dave, It won't go on forever, but this will take a lot longer than people are thinking, especially when it gets compounded by the launch of the Sky. ;)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
simmonsmb said:
Don't know about Hell, but it's definitely going to be a cold day in Indiana when mine comes in!! Should be here any day now and we're having the coldest weather we've had this season!
Central Indiana here... and yep, it's cold.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I say it will be at least 2 to three years before the all pontiac dealers have big stocks of solstice sitting on their lots my, saying a cold day in hell was a figure of speech. :devil:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Waiting List.......

I just talked to someone that asked me if I heard of the Solstice. I told them "is that the car with the ONE YEAR waiting list." They almost passed out, wondering how a Pontiac could have such a long wait list. Anyway, I told them I was expecting delivery within 3 weeks. Felt good to gloat for a moment. By the way, that person recently went to the local Pontiac dealer to place an order. Amazing what can happen when you produce a car that people want....... :yesnod:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I, for one, am glad that Pontiac is going to produce limited amounts of this car each year. Yes it's affordable, yes it's a really nice looking car. I just don't want it to also be a car that everyone on my block owns, like the Mustang.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the purchase of a car like this is an impulse buy - and those usually involve instant gratification. when most people find out they can't get it right away, they will go elsewhere. only the "die hards" will wait it out. we've heard the same story with the CrossFire, the PT Cruiser, etc. it doesn't last - only Ferrari and Bentley are able to keep the supply demand see-saw unbalanced perpetually. the idea that Pontiac will be able to join that club, is nuts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.