Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got my new C & D in the mail and to my surprise, the Solstice was not the main object on the front page (the new Z06 was). It was blurbed on the top of the cover.

Anyway, there were individual articles on both the Solstice and Mx-5. C & D seemed to like both of the cars almost equally. They then had a quick comparison between the roadsters.
Here is how the comparison faired:

1. Exterior: Solstice
2. Interior : Mx-5
3. Top Operation: Mx-5 (due to having to get out of solstice to operate top)
4. Practicality: Mx-5 (due to limited trunk space in Sol)
5. Ride: Solstice
6. Handling: Solstice
7. Structure: Solstice

8. Primary Controls: Draw
9. Engine: Draw

Overall: "The frenetic and lightweight Mx-5 is a single-minded sports car. The heavier Solstice has 2 personalities: Cruiser and sports car - it excels at both. In this purely subjective evaluation, the Solstice scores higher. When we do a formal comparison, the result might change. But we'd say the General has won this Skirmish."

Round 1: Solstice!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well, I just got my new C & D in the mail and to my surprise, the Solstice was not the main object on the front page (the new Z06 was). It was blurbed on the top of the cover.
QUOTE]
Yeah, I got my copy last Friday and thought the Solstice deserved more front page coverage. However, after reading the article it became apparent that this was just C&D's quick introduction to the new car (keeping up with their competition) and another much more comprehensive review was forthcoming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.