Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around and haven't seen this. If this is old new, please forgive me. :(
Otherwise I thought some of you might like to read this. We have seen most of it here and there. I know most appreciate as much info as they can get.
Once again, good luck to all on the first 1000. May the force be with you. :willy:

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slipstream said:
So A/C isn't standard? That will probably push it over 2900lbs.
Yep, that is something to think about. Every single option will add extra pounds.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Excellent! Thanks much. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Say, that's the first time I've seen the fuel economy specs: 20/28. I can live with that.

Also confirmation that it won't require premium or even mid-grade fuel.

Uh-oh. It says the door handles are body-colored. That better be a misprint. Hope they didn't cheap out at the last minute and drop the chrome exterior door handles :brentil:

Also, they need to change the word "struts" to "shocks" in the suspension kit literature

Confirmation that ALL stereos will indeed feature AUX input ports.

Curiously, it's missing the "(Optional)" next to OnStar

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Curiously, it's missing the "(Optional)" next to OnStar
It's got Opt. next to it in the Solstice column. It's on my short list of things that have to go, I like the concept but $700 is bit steep.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Slipstream said:
So A/C isn't standard? That will probably push it over 2900lbs.
Actually we've known for a while that the AC wasn't standard.

enderokc said:
did you notice the cargo room was 3.8 cf!!!!! top up of course, but still thats better then 2cf mentioned earlier!!
Actually... the trunk space is actualy less then we expected. Supposedly the trunk was 4cf/2cf for roof up/down. Now we know it's actually 3.8cf/1.8cf roof up/down.

Bah, 20/28 is WORSE fuel economy then the 2.0L Supercharged ECOTEC which gets 23/29 MPG, yes its on 91+ but the gallons you save makes up for price difference almost. As does the 30+ HP gain too. I was really hoping for at least the 2.0L's fuel economy. I find it hard to believe this will be GM's new main engine as the article Ff88 posted said it would be if it's fuel economy is going to be this much lower then the 2.0L and the 2.2L (26/35 MPG).

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
I will venture to guess is because the rear end gear value of 3.91, but it is just speculation in my part, maybe someone else has another opinion.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
According to that card, the Solstice is way ahead of the MX-5..... until they fill in the TBDs. The only real Solstice advantages to me are, styling inside and out, price and support for our economy and workers.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
LatinVenom said:
I will venture to guess is because the rear end gear value of 3.91, but it is just speculation in my part, maybe someone else has another opinion.
I would add aerodynamics as well. The chopped off top, truncated rear and wide stance probably produces more drag than any other Ecotec powered vehicle other than the HHR. It gets even worse with the top down.

·
Registered
180 Posts
brentil said:
Actually we've known for a while that the AC wasn't standard.

Actually... the trunk space is actualy less then we expected. Supposedly the trunk was 4cf/2cf for roof up/down. Now we know it's actually 3.8cf/1.8cf roof up/down.

Bah, 20/28 is WORSE fuel economy then the 2.0L Supercharged ECOTEC which gets 23/29 MPG, yes its on 91+ but the gallons you save makes up for price difference almost. As does the 30+ HP gain too. I was really hoping for at least the 2.0L's fuel economy. I find it hard to believe this will be GM's new main engine as the article Ff88 posted said it would be if it's fuel economy is going to be this much lower then the 2.0L and the 2.2L (26/35 MPG).
There is also traditionally more driveline loss in the Solstice since it is a RWD platform. More parts to turn, more friction to fight, more energy spent fighting these extra forces. I don't see a problem with it, I'm pretty sure though that they're being really conservative. The ratings are about the same for my Spec_V, yet I average roughly 27 to 32 mpg depending on winter or summer gasoline blend. If anything, I bet the S/C motor's mileage drops drastically if one has a heavy foot, as with all F/I motors ;) .

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
This folder confirms a couple more things we've heard about GM performance add-ons and a new one, hi-flow air cleaner and housing, (to go good with cat back (hopefully dual) exhaust) And matching luggage backs for the luggage rack.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Convenience Package includes Driver Information Center, cruise control and fog lamps. Driver Information Center provides warnings, messages and personalization, including programmable door locks and delayed locking features.
What are programmable door locks? Is this a way to disable the automated door locks when the car starts?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Luc said:
What are programmable door locks? Is this a way to disable the automated door locks when the car starts?
Possibly. It might also be like my wifes RSX. If you unlock the doors but don't open them within 30 seconds it will auto lock them back up. It's for incase you hit the unlock button by mistake with the keys in your pocket or some other likely scenario. It's really nice because there's been a couple times I've seen it lock the car for her when she accidently hit the button putting her keys in her purse or back pocket.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Just an update on the US MX-5 specs as announced at the NY Auto Show.

170 HP @ 6700 RPM (redline 7000 RPM)
140 ft/lbs torque @ 5000 rpm

Curb weight 2460

Fuel (Premium, 91 octane)

·
Registered
17 Posts
brentil - your correct i have this on my 2001 camaro ss. It sometimes can be a pain - say you are cleaning your car for more than an hour, 15 times of pressing the unlock so you don't open the door and set off the alarm is aggrevating. Or my favorite - I live in an apartment on the 3rd floor, so I'm bring in several bags of food, well every time I get back down to the car I must unlock the doors again. But it can be turned off so perhaps I should not list my complaints and instead refer to my procrastination/ pure lazy.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts