Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone! I'm excited to finally be making this post. I'm continuing my search for a solstice on this platform. I am located near Akron, Ohio and have had little luck with finding a solstice that works for me that is anywhere near me, and I am feeling slightly discouraged after looking for months.
Must Haves:
-GXP
-Manual transmission
-The lower the miles the better
Cannot Consider:
-Anything above 70k miles
Thanks for any help in advance! My spirits are running a little low with the lack of solstices in Ohio, but I am still searching every day for something that works. Ideally, I could find something in Ohio, but I am still willing to drive somewhat for the perfect car. I am still a broke college student sadly so I am on somewhat of a budget. I have tried to leave my specifications broad to help make my search easier, so I am open to any colors, any year, etc. Thanks, everyone. Hoping for some luck :)

Edit: just want to clarify that I am willing to buy a plane ticket and drive something back! I would like to find something close to me so I can drive to it and check it our before buying, but I understand that's not always possible!

·
Super Moderator
6,685 Posts
This is the most recent post in a thread listing known low-mileage Solstices for sale: Low-Mileage Solstices For Sale
I would start with it and work backwards. I assume you have already looked through the "For Sale" section of this forum, but I haven't looked, so don't know what is there.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,402 Posts
I wish you luck in finding what you are looking for, but you might want to broaden your search a bit, I would guess that a GXP, manual trans, under 70K miles limits you to maybe about 2000 automobiles in the entire US. Originally, there were only about 16,300 GXPs in total made for the US.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Flights are cheap. Consider widening your search by looking at cars that are a few states away. I've driven two Solstices to Colorado, one from Tennessee and one from Arizona. They were both really fun and memorable trips back, I'm glad we did it that way.

I got one of the cars from a seller off Craigslist. I made sure that I asked a lot of questions and also requested a million pictures of specific things on the car, prior to making the agreement with the seller (agreement being that I was flying out there so they had to take the ad down, it was reassuring when they took it down). The process was so easy, my wife and I flew out to Arizona, Uber'd to a bank (that I use) that was close to the seller. He was waiting in the parking lot of the bank when we were dropped off by the Uber driver. After checking the car out and deciding to make the purchase, we simply walked into the bank and I pulled the funds out handed them to him. I got the title and a bill of sale and the whole thing was done. We were in the car and driving towards home within 30min of being dropped off in the parking lot.

·
Premium Member
3,658 Posts
So what is your budget ? There were a few cars in the area ( I live in Columbia Station about 45 minutes from Akron) that were for sale last fall and didn't sell so they were stored for the winter . 8 to 12 thousand dollar price range 50000 and under mileage . Another thing to consider especially in northern Ohio is that most people with cars like ours have them stored for the winter as I mentioned and don't bring them out until April at the earliest my stays put till May .

·
Registered
7,051 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
As others have said, you should expand your search area. I too had a specific list of the car I wanted and there was nothing in my area. Took a vacation to Florida and found exactly what I was looking for. Had a bonding experience with my new car driving it home. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the most recent post in a thread listing known low-mileage Solstices for sale: Low-Mileage Solstices For Sale
I would start with it and work backwards. I assume you have already looked through the "For Sale" section of this forum, but I haven't looked, so don't know what is there.
Thank you! I try and keep an eye on that thread but ya never know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flights are cheap. Consider widening your search by looking at cars that are a few states away. I've driven two Solstices to Colorado, one from Tennessee and one from Arizona. They were both really fun and memorable trips back, I'm glad we did it that way.

I got one of the cars from a seller off Craigslist. I made sure that I asked a lot of questions and also requested a million pictures of specific things on the car, prior to making the agreement with the seller (agreement being that I was flying out there so they had to take the ad down, it was reassuring when they took it down). The process was so easy, my wife and I flew out to Arizona, Uber'd to a bank (that I use) that was close to the seller. He was waiting in the parking lot of the bank when we were dropped off by the Uber driver. After checking the car out and deciding to make the purchase, we simply walked into the bank and I pulled the funds out handed them to him. I got the title and a bill of sale and the whole thing was done. We were in the car and driving towards home within 30min of being dropped off in the parking lot.
I'm totally willing to fly somewhere! It is a little scary to fly somewhere knowing you havent seen the car in person, but I'll definitely do the same thing and ask for plenty of pictures and videos. Thank you :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what is your budget ? There were a few cars in the area ( I live in Columbia Station about 45 minutes from Akron) that were for sale last fall and didn't sell so they were stored for the winter . 8 to 12 thousand dollar price range 50000 and under mileage . Another thing to consider especially in northern Ohio is that most people with cars like ours have them stored for the winter as I mentioned and don't bring them out until April at the earliest my stays put till May .
Budget wise I'm hoping to stay under 13k. That's definitely something to consider! I'm hoping that once it gets nicer that they'll come out of storage and I can find something! Thank you :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Florida
Thank you so much!! This is actually so helpful. I'm reaching out to the person who owns the black one.. it looks great!!

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
I bought my first Solstice on eBay. It was in Florida, I was in Ohio. I used a service called My Mechanic to make a pre-sale inspection. I recall it cost $85 and was more thorough than I would have been.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought my first Solstice on eBay. It was in Florida, I was in Ohio. I used a service called My Mechanic to make a pre-sale inspection. I recall it cost $85 and was more thorough than I would have been.
I'll have to look into that. If I find one far away that seems like a life saver!! Thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Should be lots of them out there! Just wait for spring and they come out of hibernation. I know there are many low mileage gxps in the MI area. Good luck with your search.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts