Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the water pump replaced on my '07 Solstice. From what I have read, this should have been a recall from the dealer. I just went over 50k miles so I had to pay the dealer for the repair. How many Solstice owners with various makes and models have had an issue with their water pump?

·
Super Moderator
16,608 Posts
The water pump is covered under the power train warranty if you are under 100,000 miles AND if you are inside of 5 years since the in service date. Since your car is a model year 2007, if your car's in service date was early 2007 then it would be outside the 5 year limit. You can get the official in service date from your GM dealer. If the repair was performed prior to the in service date plus 5 years, then it should be covered. If not, then . . .sorry.

·
Registered
5,597 Posts
Hey, Rob the Mod. Just had an observation. I think many new comers miss the fact that we post links in our replies because they get shortened and underlined - they don't really stand out.

Can you ask an admin if they can change the default to maybe highlight the link in a different color or something?

·
Super Moderator
16,608 Posts
Hey, Rob the Mod. Just had an observation. I think many new comers miss the fact that we post links in our replies because they get shortened and underlined - they don't really stand out.

Can you ask an admin if they can change the default to maybe highlight the link in a different color or something?
Good point

Momsol is the one to ask. If she does not see this today, send her a PM. Its a good suggestion.:grouphug:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rob. Yes, I'm over the 5 years, so I got one nice big fat repair bill. They also flushed the coolant system and replaced the thermostat. I spoke to GM. Hope sometime down the road they have a recall because then I can get my repair money back. Yea right, oh well.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Thanks Rob. Yes, I'm over the 5 years, so I got one nice big fat repair bill. They also flushed the coolant system and replaced the thermostat. I spoke to GM. Hope sometime down the road they have a recall because then I can get my repair money back. Yea right, oh well.
Just for reference, what are they charging nowadays?:huh:
Inquiring minds wanna know..:D

·
Super Moderator
16,608 Posts
You can ask GM is they will share in the cost of the repair. A good will event that they do sometimes agree to.:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Mine was at 36000 and covered, but when got down here in SC the upper hose had a gash in it from the fan shroud. I think that should have been caught by the tec. Cost 160 on me, not covered by warranty. Check those upper hoses people.

·
Registered
628 Posts
These water pumps need to be changed every 35k to 40k-- you might be able to extend this using waterless coolant-- trust me-- and the killer part is that pump and gaskets are about $40! The 500.00 is pure labor and profit-- definitely crappy on behalf of Guvment Motors

1 - 13 of 13 Posts