Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Note: the window sticker says "GM Canada" all over it, so the prices are in Canadian Dollars.

That is about $27,500 in US Dollars.

·
5,641 Posts
That is the sticker from deepdawg's "11 ready" post for the cars that ended up in Oshawa . Hence the no USA retail sticker discussion with ByeBMW from last night.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Zilla said:
Note: the window sticker says "GM Canada" all over it, so the prices are in Canadian Dollars.

Has the gas mileage always been 24/37???

:cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Small Dealer said:
That is the sticker from deepdawg's "11 ready" post for the cars that ended up in Oshawa . Hence the no USA retail sticker discussion with ByeBMW from last night.
Ya, I looked at deepdawg's photos and I'd agree that it was that shipment that I saw in the Oshawa lot today.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
11.9 L/Km -> 24 MPG (UK) -> 20 MPG (USA)

7.6 L/Km -> 37 MPG (UK) -> 31 MPG (USA)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shabby said:
Those must be imperial gallons right?
Ya, they must be... making it 20 city / 31 highway in American Gallons.

Do you think the US will ever switch to metric? How many countries still use the old system... one?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Zilla said:
Do you think the US will ever switch to metric?
When I was in 7th grade, my math teacher said, "In a few years, kids, everything will be metric!" That was 21 years ago. :lol:

Of course, some things are metric (e.g., engine size, plastic soda bottles, anything to do with science or medicine, etc)... but a wholesale switch from miles to kilometers on road signs? Or from pounds to grams for your meat and produce at the grocery store? Not freakin' likely.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aardvark said:
When I was in 7th grade, my math teacher said, "In a few years, kids, everything will be metric!" That was 21 years ago. :lol:

Of course, some things are metric (e.g., engine size, plastic soda bottles, anything to do with science or medicine, etc)... but a wholesale switch from miles to kilometers on road signs? Or from pounds to grams for your meat and produce at the grocery store? Not freakin' likely.
The metric system is to the imperial system what the cd player is to the gramophone... I mean, it's not perfect but the gramophone is just ghetto.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Aardvark said:
That's funny, my 7th grade math teach said the same thing (but that was only 12 years ago). I think that the problem is that as Americans we could never follow the rest of the world, we don't have to be unique but we do have to be first (and the rest of the world can follow us). It's in our gene's. It's not entirely bad, it's what makes us leaders.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Off the main subject, but the metric system is really easy to learn since it's based on 10. The problem has always been in the visualization of the system. We all know a football field is 100 yards, 300 feet and we can think in those terms. Who knows how many meters the field is or how many liters of gas fit in your car. There is the problem, changing your entire mind set on the visualization side. It's not an easy change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love the car. But, it always freaked out a little bit when I relized that my full size 2001 Buick Park Avenue Ultra gets the same gas mileage as my 95 miata and this Solstice. Oh well. It's a pretty good gas mileage...

·
Registered
260 Posts
This car was built about a month or 2 ago. It is a pre salable captive fleet car. On the bottom left hand side of the sticker is where it is shipped.Also on the bottom would be an AZ number such as 1AZ0000456. This would be a job number. Around 600 started the FIRST 1000.
Also milage is 20 & 27.U.S.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Zilla said:
Do you think the US will ever switch to metric?
My teachers told me the same thing about 20 years ago. Unfortunately, I now have friends in Europe and my gf is Greek. It is easier for me to convert things to metric when I talk to them than to explain our measurements.

·
Registered
229 Posts
deacon said:
My teachers told me the same thing about 20 years ago.
sorry, that was about 30 years ago, I keep forgetting how old I am .

·
Registered
109 Posts
My English professor from college told me that we'd probably NEVER move to the metric. America is far too lazy. We've made 80% of the world learn English because we wont learn their language.

I'm ok with that.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts