Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there are any plans to produce SF stuff like license plate frames (maybe with the cool Solstice outline from the special badge at the top and www.solsticeforum.com at the bottom, or Founding Member at top and www.solsticeforum.com at the bottom) or die-cut decals (similar to dealer stickers) for our cars?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Frosty said:
die-cut decals (similar to dealer stickers) for our cars?
Dealer stickers on my car, my wife's, NO. Have informed dealer of this.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
There had been some discussion of this previously. It boils down to Troy owns the forums and the domain name so any merchandise sharing it's name/likeness must go through him. We were working on a CafePress setup, but Troy had some stuff come up and was away for a while so all of that was put on hold.

·
Registered
729 Posts
If you guys decide to go with a license plate frame with www.solsticeforum.com on it, then you have at least one buyer right here!!

Do it, Troy!!

- bspate -

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
I'm sorry, I can't find ANY reference to Troy's VIN. Anyone know?

Or is Troy just another troll? :)
Troy is the forum owner.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
:) Of course, I knew that, brentl. :) ("administrator" was a good clue).

But it is surprising that he does not seem to have any VIN. I presume then that he is not purchasing a Solstice?

If that is true, I'm just curious (as in Curious George, the monkey :) ) why he would be going to all this trouble with the Forum?

I obviously know nothing about forums. This is my second forum (Tax Corner was my first).

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
:) Of course, I knew that, brentl. :) ("administrator" was a good clue).

But it is surprising that he does not seem to have any VIN. I presume then that he is not purchasing a Solstice?

If that is true, I'm just curious (as in Curious George, the monkey :) ) why he would be going to all this trouble with the Forum?

I obviously know nothing about forums. This is my second forum (Tax Corner was my first).

He has a VIN, ...on a 'vette!!! I believe his corvette forum was first and solsticeforum came along later, now there are XLR, SSR, GTO, Sportbike, not to forget our stepchild Skyroadster. All but 'vette have slightly similar membership numbers to us but post #'s don't compare- guess they're not real talkative. Now corvetteforum on the other hand has a half million posts strictly on the new C6 and over that on the C5.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
good idea :thumbs: How about a poll to see what people would like to buy? ... ;) (coffee mugs - stanless ones that fit in the cup holder would be great) Of course, t-shirts and hats would sell well too. :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
good idea :thumbs: How about a poll to see what people would like to buy? ... ;) (coffee mugs - stanless ones that fit in the cup holder would be great) Of course, t-shirts and hats would sell well too. :thumbs:
Looks like corvetteforum only has shirts with logo, but a full store of merchandise and parts otherwise. A few items that will make our driving experience stand out from all the rest is all we need. There are usually minimum quantities for cuxtom imprints but I get the impression we could easily meet that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts