Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
No kidding....at least your site can handle the traffic. Maybe GM should hire you to run it's Internet group. I think Donald Trump would fire the entire department for what happened today on the EOP.

:)

PS Maybe you can designate members now as First 1000 EOP Member

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
general said:
No kidding....at least your site can handle the traffic. Maybe GM should hire you to run it's Internet group. I think Donald Trump would fire the entire department for what happened today on the EOP.
:agree:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mceb said:
Troy did you see the thread of the numbers after 10:00pm? We hit 2000 people on the site for about a half hour or so.
Wow. I missed that. I saw us with over 100 members but I missed the big number. :eek:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fformula88 said:
WOW! 2000 at once? That is a heck of a lot of people!! Good thing Troy has a robust server!! :cool:
Four servers. :) One is brand new and just about to come on line. I'm considering upgrading the other three and clustering them all.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yesterday (4/15):

Over 7500 unique visitors

165,000 page views

7.23 Gb of data

:eek:

It will probably trend down for a bit after yesterday I expect.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Troy, thanks for all the work you put into making this possible. Even with all the added users the speed of the forums has still been very fast.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
airbalancer said:
I do not think there is any car forum that would 2008 people on the site at the same time cool
Certainly not the site GM has. :lol:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
Four servers. :) One is brand new and just about to come on line. I'm considering upgrading the other three and clustering them all.
:eek: Wow! That should keep things running smoothly!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Troy thanks for everything. Without your help and all the info on this Forum I would never have known what to do when I got to my dealer yesterday. I've only been on for just over two months but I have really picked up fantastic info. Thanks again. If you ever get to my neck of the woods, give me a call, I owe you a good dinner and a grateful hand shake. :thumbs:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:cheers:

Let's not forget to thank Solsticeman as well.

fyi... We need to have a powerful server setup due to www.corvetteforum.com. It's not unusual to see more than two or three thousand online at a time there. We've had over 4300 online before. :eek:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Thanks to Troy and Solsticeman!
:thumbs:

I like the "First 1000 EOP" designation idea, but would it anger others who didnt get an EOP and wanted one badly?

Maybe someone could get Trump to support the forum. He seemed to really like the brochure on the show.

I also think Pontiac could support the forum and it would be to their advantage.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hes in my neck of the woods about an hour south of me.

Out of curosity did you get an eop troy or are you not getting a solstice. I only ask because I know your a vette guy. Im happy you made this forum regarless and thank you a lot!

Personally id like gm to stay out of the forum. Im sure troy would love it, but youd like a lot of "posts" disappear specially those are the EOP fiasco.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No Solstice yet. Ideally I'd like to have one of each for the forums I own. Unfortunately that costs a lot of money (especially with my fourth son due in a few weeks) and takes up more garage space than I have. :(

I'll get there eventually though. :cheers: I can picture the garage already. :yesnod:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
No Solstice yet. Ideally I'd like to have one of each for the forums I own. Unfortunately that costs a lot of money (especially with my fourth son due in a few weeks) and takes up more garage space than I have. :(

I'll get there eventually though. :cheers: I can picture the garage already. :yesnod:
:yesnod: That would be one heck of a garage! With a fourth son on the way, you may need a Chevy Suburban forum too! :lol: :cool: Congrats! :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts