Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Colorado Solstices

Is there anyone out there in the Denver, CO metro area who is among those to get one of the first 1000 cars? If so, I would like to hear about how it is going with your dealer, and any info on when your expect your Solstice. Also, does anyone have any experience to share regarding ordering a Solstice (outside of the first 1000) from a Colorado dealer? My recent contact with a metro area dealer was that they would order me one for MSRP + $5000. I told them I really wanted a Solstice, but at this point, I did not want to pay that much. :willy:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lewdog80 said:
I wasnt able to get the first 1,000 but I ordered one back in april from Suss pontiac in aurora.
Thanks for the information. Has Suss given you any idea as to where you are on their ordering list and when your Solstice might arrive? If you get any information on when any Solstice might arrive on the scene in the Denver Metro area, please let me know. I will also let you know if I get any info. I still have not yet seen one except in pictures.

·
1,492 Posts
Was at Markley Motors in Ft Collins today. They said that of the 3 comming in, in 5-6 weeks, they have a back- out. I would have taken it but am waiting for the AT to becomming out after Feb.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
whitefang said:
Was at Markley Motors in Ft Collins today. They said that of the 3 comming in, in 5-6 weeks, they have a back- out. I would have taken it but am waiting for the AT to becomming out after Feb.
I'm rather new to the Solstice, but I am really enthused about it. You refer to waiting for the AT to come out, what does AT stand for?

·
1,492 Posts
auto trans
I'm new too, but the more you read here the better it gets

·
Registered
17 Posts
gwilks said:
Thanks for the information. Has Suss given you any idea as to where you are on their ordering list and when your Solstice might arrive? If you get any information on when any Solstice might arrive on the scene in the Denver Metro area, please let me know. I will also let you know if I get any info. I still have not yet seen one except in pictures.
No the people at Suss don't know much at all. When I was down there in April, they told me that I would have mine by July and that the deposit I put down was fully refundable( not that I don't want it, but the bastards lied). And both are not true. I would expect to get my solstice by november or december by my guess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lewdog80 said:
No the people at Suss don't know much at all. When I was down there in April, they told me that I would have mine by July and that the deposit I put down was fully refundable( not that I don't want it, but the bastards lied). And both are not true. I would expect to get my solstice by november or december by my guess.
In my original note, I mentioned that a Denver area dealer, told me that they would order me a Solstice for $5000 over MSRP. That dealer was Suss. Hopefully you are getting yours for less than what they told me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Jealousy

I'm in Texas now, but I lived in Denver for several years, and let me just say it once: You guys in Colorado have some fantastic drives ahead of you! Such beautiful country! Wow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
gwilks said:
In my original note, I mentioned that a Denver area dealer, told me that they would order me a Solstice for $5000 over MSRP. That dealer was Suss. Hopefully you are getting yours for less than what they told me.

Are you serious? Thats crazy. I kind of wish I went somewhere else now. With everything I ordered with all the options I wanted, my quote came in around 23k. If they try to say otherwise, then, they're in for a world of hurt.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Colorado indeed has some fantastic roads with beautiful scenery, and I am looking forward to traveling them in the new Solstice. Even those Texas roads will be great in a new Solstice!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lewdog80 said:
Are you serious? Thats crazy. I kind of wish I went somewhere else now. With everything I ordered with all the options I wanted, my quote came in around 23k. If they try to say otherwise, then, they're in for a world of hurt.
I also talked to Burt Pontiac and they told me the same thing, MSRP + $5000. Again, hopefully you will get yours at MSRP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also retired in Centennial, I just got my vin # on my "COOL" Solstice. So you have chatted with Burt and Suss and they are both looking to get an additional $5000 ADP for cars after the 1st 1000?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sol.S.Tice said:
I am also retired in Centennial, I just got my vin # on my "COOL" Solstice. So you have chatted with Burt and Suss and they are both looking to get an additional $5000 ADP for cars after the 1st 1000?
Glad to hear from another Centennial retiree! Congratulations, on getting your VIN! You are making progress.

Correct, both Suss & Burt told me MSRP + $5K. I am still working on other options.

Where are you getting your car? Are you part of the 1st 1000?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I recently ordered a pretty much fully loaded aggressive from King Pontiac in Loveland, CO. They had a backout, so I was able to place an order. We don't know yet when it will be picked up by GM, but this is indeed progress for me. :cheers:

My experience with King Pontiac has been very positive. I am working directly with the internet sales manager, who is knowledgeable, fair, informative, and super to deal with. What impresses me is they really showed that the were interested in me as a long term customer. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
whitefang said:
Put your order in now!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sol.S.Tice said:
Which Elway dealership?

I'm waiting on my EOP (Cool as Well), but Elway can't tell me anything on the status. Last update I received was 3 weeks ago that it went to broadcast, and that's. Everytime I call, I just get told he has no idea and he will call me when it is being shipped. When did you get your VIN #?

·
1,492 Posts
deluke said:
Put your order in now!
My salesperson said auto not offered on their dealer ordering sheet yet.
Do you mean -don't wait for auto or they can be ordered now?

·
1,492 Posts
Sol.S.Tice said:
Thanks much, yes, I am an EOP 1st 1000 with the vin of 545, via Elway.
Sol.S.Tice
We now know that you and Salamander in Cheyenne are 1st K. Salamander hasn't said anything new about getting Sol yet.

Keep us posted as to progress on your cars

1 - 20 of 114 Posts